How long will Ford make raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the guys who bent their frames are talking about suing Ford for not covering it under warranty. That could kill it pretty quick.

Yeah, they said they wouldn't cover mine either. But since I'm not a total ******, I'm not even considering suing Ford. I mean, what would trucks cost if warranties had to cover the kind of things we do to these trucks...

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, they said they wouldn't cover mine either. But since I'm not a total ******, I'm not even considering suing Ford. I mean, what would trucks cost if warranties had to cover the kind of things we do to these trucks...
Bravo Sir. Post of the week right there.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I doubt gas prices will ever lower enough to sell more trucks. Guys that are buying Raptors don't care about gas prices, they want the truck and don't care what it cost to drive.

A couple of comments:

1. Gas went from around $4.25 a gallon to around $3.80 now. That's a 10% drop in a couple/three weeks and that makes a real difference.

2. Raptor owners definitely DO care about the cost of gasoline. While Ford is still selling them a good number of owners have gotten out of their Raptors due, in part, to high cost of fuel. Gas prices do matter.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah, pure douchebaggery there. I'm watching the whiners talk tough on the forums bitching about how Ford should have known about "the frame issue." HA ****ing HA.

If Ford should have known about a non-issue then the douchenozzles that are talking about suing Ford should have known to be born girls so they'd drive a pink VW Beetle and not worry about abusing their pickup trucks because they have no idea what they're doing offroad.

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pure douchebaggery there. I'm watching the whiners talk tough on the forums bitching about how Ford should have known about "the frame issue." HA ****ing HA.

If Ford should have known about a non-issue then the douchenozzles that are talking about suing Ford should have known to be born girls so they'd drive a pink VW Beetle and not worry about abusing their pickup trucks because they have no idea what they're doing offroad.

Douchebaggery might be the greatest word ever coined! What was Ford supposed to know? That trucks are not indestructible?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just found out that the Raptor has a "bed alignment issue" :mrgreen: I **** you not!

cd3c9f1d-8cef-41c2-b2a4-6510262df283.png

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coworker said to me "oh no, your bumper is all scratched up. That is going to cost to get fixed".. I said "why would I fix that - offroading war wounds. I wear them with pride"..

And then you have the people who buy a Raptor for some status symbol or something, do something stupid in them, and then call their lawyer. bleh

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ I called my lawyer just the other day because my wife scratched my bumperette. She's gonna pay...attorney fees too. :nana:

Edited: Yeah so I didn't read a few post up, that's what I get...being a douchenozzle. :)

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Some of the guys who bent their frames are talking about suing Ford for not covering it under warranty. That could kill it pretty quick.
Ford's not going to worry about 10-12 guy willing to sue for a few grand. In all honestly do you really think the higher ups at Ford will even hear about this problem? I don't