How long will Ford make raptors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use previous SVT vehicles like the Lightning as a stick to measure what will happen with the Raptor. What killed the Lightning more than anything was the F150 redesign with increased weight. If anything, future F150's will get lighter. As long as the sales are strong, Ford will continue with a Raptor package as long as the platform supports it.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't use previous SVT vehicles like the Lightning as a stick to measure what will happen with the Raptor.

Yes sir, just look at the Harley edition F150's. They started off as a 100th anniversary thing 11years ago and their still offering this package today.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your posts really rub me the wrong way. Yes the 100th aniversary was the 2003 model year, but the HD line started 11 years ago. What is the value in nitpicking?

I guess I need to be more precise in my post lol

Yes, the Harely anniversary was in 2003 but the first Harley Edition F150 was in 2000...11yrs ago. The 2000 was a basic 5.4l extended cab and the 2001 was basic 5.4 4dr Screw. The 2002-2003 were 4dr Screws and came with the Supercharged 5.4l. The 2003 came with two colors, solid black and two tone diver/black. I'm unsure of the ratio but I heard it was 2-1...2 two tones to one solid blk Harley. Up until recently I believe Ford made around 12,000 a year. I personally owned a solid blk 2003 and my best time being almost stock in a drag race dead zone, was 14.83 in the quarter. I drove that truck all over the Southwest including during 3 annual Harley Davidson Toy drives in the DFW area which consisted of 30,000-45,000 bikers. I've been an active member on NHTOC for 6 years and have done Harley truck GTG all over Texas including Austin, Amarillo, and Dallas.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that Ford is currently working on a second generation Raptor with more travel. It will be at least 2016 before it comes out but they are already at work on the next Raptor.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you that Ford is currently working on a second generation Raptor with more travel. It will be at least 2016 before it comes out but they are already at work on the next Raptor.
orly.gif

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your posts really rub me the wrong way. Yes the 100th aniversary was the 2003 model year, but the HD line started 11 years ago. What is the value in nitpicking?

I agree that Tank's posts can be a little annoying.

desertblue

Reaction score
Some of the guys who bent their frames are talking about suing Ford for not covering it under warranty. That could kill it pretty quick.