How do I use the paddle shifters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but how do I use them? In D, i try and hit the upshift or downshift and nothing. Is there anything I need to do to activate them? I tried going into M and still nothing.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M is the mode you use the paddle shifters in. What is it doing in M mode?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

This is assuming he has enabled them via the level 3 menu on the productivity screen. To do this, with the truck on, use the arrow keys on the left side of the steering wheel to enter the following sequence; up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, Vol +, Vol -, "Ok"

This should bring you to the level three menu that allows you to enable the paddle shifters, there will be menu options for things like "Engineering Diagnostics" and "Module Fault Code Reporting" but we're looking for "Manual Shift" click ok on that and it will allow you to cycle it on and off. Easy peasy!

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is assuming he has enabled them via the level 3 menu on the productivity screen. To do this, with the truck on, use the arrow keys on the left side of the steering wheel to enter the following sequence; up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, Vol +, Vol -, "Ok"

LOL Contra!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sadly I wish I could wire them to control the A/C Fan speed since I never use them to shift. I miss the fan control the wheel that my 07 F150 had.

DANACO

Reaction score
Sadly I wish I could wire them to control the A/C Fan speed since I never use them to shift. I miss the fan control the wheel that my 07 F150 had.

I must say, the fan control on the 15'+ 150's sucks, it's hard to reach and not lit well, it disappears during the day. Having on the steering wheel would be great, I didn't know they had done that in the past.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know my paddles work because once we let the saleslady go, we stumbled through the nav screen to find some food. When I took off, I put the truck in gear - missing D and going into manual.

Funny thing - the truck wouldn’t upshift. I was not expecting that result and the one thing I didn’t mess with on the test drive was manual mode (DOH).

It felt like it took minutes for me to figure this out, but in reality it was probably closer to 10-15 seconds. embarrassing.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While in D mode, my - will remove 10, 9, and so on therefore maxing out the gear displayed. The + will do the reverse.

Haven't tried M yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk