I need some help with sunroof repair.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

farshad

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I have a 2017 raptor that has sunroof issues. I removed the glass and saw the guides are broken. sunroof would make a noise but wouldn't move back or to vent. I was having hard time removing the guides since i couldn't get it to vent mode. although after removing some broke plastic sunroof was going back and forward but still wouldn't go to vent. I started doing sunroof initialization to see if i can get it to vent mode. after going back and forward for hours. right when i was about to give up, it seemed like it went to vent mode. so I managed to get the broken guides off. but that is where it all went even more wrong. I put one guide back into it's place and wanted to test the sunroof. I pressed back, i got no response whatsoever. I pressed vent, got nothing. I press close and I hear just a motor running but nothing is moving. the guide and nothing moves but the motor seems to be running. I tried doing the sunroof initialization and I can't even get that to work anymore. I'm lost at this point. I also realized that maybe when i though i got lucky that it finally vent to vent mode, it wasn't really vent mode. it seems the guide is moved more forward than it looks on the videos i have watched for this case. Any idea what is going on here? why all of a sudden the back and vent button doesn't do anything all? and why close button makes the motor run but the tracks to move at all. and I cant force the track back it seems stuck. I would appreciate any feedback here. Thank you

PS. I do wonder if I did something wrong while i was doing the sunroof initialization and as a result something is off the rails from the motor.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2017 raptor that has sunroof issues.

I removed the glass and saw the guides are broken.

I managed to get the broken guides off.

I put one guide back into it's place and wanted to test the sunroof.

why all of a sudden the back and vent button doesn't do anything all?

You are asking why it won't work with only one (broken) glide in place?

OP
OP
F

farshad

Reaction score
You are asking why it won't work with only one (broken) glide in place?
Well not really, I did manage to put both new glides into place (although i feel something is not right seens the glides are sitting way to forward comparing to other videos). but when i hit the close button which is the only button responding right now. I can hear the motor running while the glides don't move at all. even when i take the glides out still does the same thing. motor make running noises but the nothing in the track moves at all. before i take the glides off the tracks were at least moving backword and forward just wouldn't go into vent. Does the glides have to be into place for the track to move? I ll post some pictures and videos of what i mean. I think i'm having a hard time explaining.

OP
OP
F

farshad

Reaction score
No, After hours and hours of going back and forward it's still broken, I gave up. only option i have is to pay ford $5550 to get it replaced. Let's just say I will never ever will buy a Raptor or ford again. Actually the car is for sale as of now. I used to own a Gen1 raptor and that thing was and still is a tank. over 5 years never broke on me. But the Gen 2, besides the sunroof issues. I already spend $3k on repairs and now on top of those transmission is shifting so rough and i was told i need a new trasmission computer or whatever. I'm just done with Ford. Never again.