House of Boost tune/Dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there was a tune on the numbers in Red. I was just told these are the Baseline and what I would get with new CAI and IC. This was pretty early in the game of Tunes so who knows they could have increase boost and Fuel.

From what I am hearing Whipple should have comparable numbers of the House Tune 420 hp and 505 TQ + or - 10-20 hp or TQ. Do you have the House tune on your Raptor? If yes, how does it feel?

No I don't have the house tune on mine, I have a 5 star coming which, will be put on the dyno after the upload. Will report results once it's complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
5star is seeing 60-80 that they claim.

They have a great reputation and numerous rave reviews by people so I would be surprised if they are lying?
Guy,
I wasn't calling anyone a liar. I was just pointing out that there are a few different Dyno numbers out there.
We are seeing different Baseline numbers and was asking if this is a trend, environment or just the difference between different Dyno Machines.
I am sure that there are going to be a few great Tunes out their. It will come down to preference and how close the Aftermarket business is to you. I like that fact that I can drive my Truck into the shop and they will make it right!
Good luck with 5star and let us know how your truck is performing. Thanks, Richard

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5star is seeing 60-80 that they claim.

They have a great reputation and numerous rave reviews by people so I would be surprised if they are lying?

I think 5 star is fine I bought their product. This is the usual game of tunes on a new vehicle. I'll have a dyno from Florida in the summer. I expect my numbers to be low unless I I've down the truck first.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy,
I wasn't calling anyone a liar. I was just pointing out that there are a few different Dyno numbers out there.
We are seeing different Baseline numbers and was asking if this is a trend, environment or just the difference between different Dyno Machines.
I am sure that there are going to be a few great Tunes out their. It will come down to preference and how close the Aftermarket business is to you. I like that fact that I can drive my Truck into the shop and they will make it right!
Good luck with 5star and let us know how your truck is performing. Thanks, Richard

Oh no... I think I'm misunderstood. At the moment I don't have any tune running. I do have a 5 star on the way but I remain skeptical of the numbers myself. The one independent dyno we have was not what was advertised.... but I'm torn.... they have such a good name.... it can't be bogus right?

That's what I'm telling myself and why I figured I'd give it a shot.

The JMS boostmax I was running worked great.

I am hoping this is better, but I won't know until I Try!

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh no... I think I'm misunderstood. At the moment I don't have any tune running. I do have a 5 star on the way but I remain skeptical of the numbers myself. The one independent dyno we have was not what was advertised.... but I'm torn.... they have such a good name.... it can't be bogus right?

That's what I'm telling myself and why I figured I'd give it a shot.

The JMS boostmax I was running worked great.

I am hoping this is better, but I won't know until I Try!

They likely are not being dishonest. There are tons of variables when doing a dyno and with the fuel and gear for the raptor that opens it up even more. I'll be doing a dyno when I have mine should shed some light.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the variances are dyno/DA/gear related. 60hp at sea level isn't going to be the same on the same day with different DA. I think we are all getting hung up on numbers. Tunes are about a lot more than peak numbers.

It gets costly real quick chasing that unicorn!

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOB is 35 min down the road from me I tried to head down this Friday but got hung up and did not make it. I will head down this week.

lxlaw

Reaction score
is 6th 1to1? edit its not.

looks like people who make dynos need to start building them for higher speeds, needs ran in 7th for a 1to1.....

2 issues. Stock will hit speed limiter at 106. so 6th is the only way to get an accurate stock pull. And pulling in 7th, even setting WOT shifts to 8000, it will shift to 8th at 5000. I wound up doing all mine in 6th too.

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went down there today and it was a swing and a miss. Eric was not there he tunes after work and on the weekends by appointment only. (not a big deal) The guy I did talk with said they mainly just put JMS chips on the Raptor and do a Dyno run to see what they have. He said with the JMS they would see 18-25 hp over stock. I think I need to talk with Eric. It was not a big shop so if Eric was tuning a car I can't see how the guy would miss what he was doing. They did have 5-6 high end builds drag race style mustangs from all years.

Last edited:

lxlaw

Reaction score
I talked to JMS, they said they weren't tuning 17 raptors yet due to only using SCT. Unless this is a different JMS