Dyno Results: MPT + CR Stage 4 Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbotwins

Reaction score
Texas.... Gearhead is doing my tuning.
Yes I bet its harder in Cali to find someone to do that with the emissions stuff. I have lived back and forth for over 10 years but have been here in Texas for the last 1.5 years. Will be moving back to Cali soon. Good thing my business address will stay in Texas and my truck will be through my business. Texas plates and no Emissions.
if you haven’t tuned it yet, I live right down the street from them and would greatful if you’d reach out to let me know when tour going to do it..

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to that thread you screen captured some folks over there are questioning the validity of that graph too. It’s also not even the whole graph. For all we know that could be anything that someone faked.

when I’m done I’ll post a real graph of a tune that pushes the limits of the turbos on 93.

whatever it is... I don’t see it being more than 600, but I’ll be beyond blown away if it’s close to 700. Then I’ll have a heart attack because God knows how long it’ll last.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
STAGE4 800CRANK HP STOCK MOTOR....

Guys boost city did stage4 turbos manifolds turbo inlets Cai CAC, and on a 93 only tune made 694RWHP , 655RWTQ I don’t get all the 530rwhp talk unless you guys aren’t wanting to make anymore , plus the none HO gen2 has made over 530rwhp on stock turbos......

I have DynoJet software and can produce dyno numbers that look like that too. There are several variables that can be utilized to "adjust" the results. That dyno sheet is missing several key parameters that are usually displayed on a legit dyno run. Please post or PM me the actual .drf (dyno run file) and I will confirm it is legit or ...not.

I'm not denying they're legit, but when something comes up that's out of the "normal" spectrum it bears verifying for accuracy.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s not. This is someone fooling around. I don’t blame the poster who shared it. He just thought he found something cool.

even with E85 and stage 5 turbos and new fuel pumps, it falls short of those numbers.

Nice try though to the guy who wasted time faking a dyno graph.

Last edited:

Caveguru

Reaction score
I also don't get the low whp from this tune. Stock truck at 450 crank nets about 380 whp on Cobb's dynos and their stage 2, which is just intake and intercooler, gets 470 whp. I understand changing out the turbo-back exhause piping and turbo intake piping doesn't get you much more, maybe 490 whp? But for a 3.6L engine like this that is supposedly a de-tuned version of the engine in the Ford GT, netting 40 hp from replacing the turbos is a really tiny improvement. As others pointed out, if the goal is to maintain everyday drivability, fuel efficiency, and boost onset, then ok, slightly larger turbos could justify only targeting a 40 hp boost, but coming from Subarus, the MINIMUM horsepower gains I would be expecting from swapping out the turbos would be 100 or more. Looking at even the mildest kits on other 3.6L engines like Nissan GTR's (3.8L), they are pushing 200+ hp gains. 2.5L Subaru's like my STI routinely jump from 300 whp on stock turbos to over 400 whp on stock blocks (again, just like mine). So what the heck is going on with Raptors? People should be routinely pushing 600 whp with these things.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Evo world of turbocharging, I also find the "standard" Raptor turbo upgrade gains puzzling. And as V6's go, have some experience with 16/20Gs on Mitsubishi VR4's (3.0 V6). Again much more bang for the buck, but now we are not talking about stock housings.

Turbotwins

Reaction score
Hi guys know this is a older post, but I’d like to know what ended up happening with these turbos..as besides the raptor stuff I’ve got a gen1 which I’ve got so much money in I can’t afford to get rid of it being including the purchase price I’ve spent easy a additional 40-45k with suspension ,engine bolt on’s ,12k stereo(lol) and all the normal stuff..so I’m getting either a stage 4, or stage 5 turbo upgrade,so I can install a short block later (sooner than later)and have power on the table still..
with a short block a gen1 with fuel mods should be able to keep up with a gen2 With things being so close once all the aftermarket parts are installed..
im also going to do a raptor ,but I’m still confused on how much power a stock block can handle ,as you know a engine builder is always going to tell you it’s weak and you need a short block probably sooner than true, as building engines is how they make a living..
also I heard RMB being tossed around ,which was who I was going to use until, 3 shops (tuners) all told me not to,as his motors are blowing up all the time, or he takes your money,and then it takes a yr or two to get a engine, as one shop here in Byran told me they had 5 engines blow up, 3 on the dyno, one of theirs ,and one sent to one block..so while Ryan has always been cool, and seem fun to talk to, it scared me..so who are you guys using, as Ken block jumped to roush,and Yates racing…
im thinking of using livernois as after seeing their shop it blew me away, plus I’ve not really heard anything bad, unless anyone else has any input thanks..

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys know this is a older post, but I’d like to know what ended up happening with these turbos..as besides the raptor stuff I’ve got a gen1 which I’ve got so much money in I can’t afford to get rid of it being including the purchase price I’ve spent easy a additional 40-45k with suspension ,engine bolt on’s ,12k stereo(lol) and all the normal stuff..so I’m getting either a stage 4, or stage 5 turbo upgrade,so I can install a short block later (sooner than later)and have power on the table still..
with a short block a gen1 with fuel mods should be able to keep up with a gen2 With things being so close once all the aftermarket parts are installed..
im also going to do a raptor ,but I’m still confused on how much power a stock block can handle ,as you know a engine builder is always going to tell you it’s weak and you need a short block probably sooner than true, as building engines is how they make a living..
also I heard RMB being tossed around ,which was who I was going to use until, 3 shops (tuners) all told me not to,as his motors are blowing up all the time, or he takes your money,and then it takes a yr or two to get a engine, as one shop here in Byran told me they had 5 engines blow up, 3 on the dyno, one of theirs ,and one sent to one block..so while Ryan has always been cool, and seem fun to talk to, it scared me..so who are you guys using, as Ken block jumped to roush,and Yates racing…
im thinking of using livernois as after seeing their shop it blew me away, plus I’ve not really heard anything bad, unless anyone else has any input thanks..
Are you in Bryan, TX? I have stage 4 turbos, and an RMB short block. Put down 500 to the rear wheels on 37s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter