Hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khandis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some pictures.. wish I could find them again.. of some race red raptors that have done a custom black (non metallic) paint to the hood.. how is this done? can someone point me in the right direction?

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
most people use a black matte vinyl decal custom done an cut to how they want applied by them selves or by a local shop........i know 3m has very good products or you could just go to a local decal guy tell him you want a black matte vinyl hood overlay an show him what you want an have him do it .......its not very complicated shouldn't be to expensive or difficult a task good luck!

OP
OP
K

khandis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Are there any drawbacks to having this done, such as tough to clean, paint damage underneath..etc?

I apologize for my dumbassness

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Wrap is probably the best way to go, and the cheapest. At least with a wrap, if you don't like it later it can come off. Quite a few guys here have done matte black wraps on their hoods.

TEXAS MOTORWORX

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have the hood of one of our Raptors done in 3M matte black vinyl. Any sign shop should be able to do it for you. It should be around $200-$300.

WhiteandOrangeFiltered-watermark.jpg

BlueOrangeCrispSelectiveColor.jpg

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had it on mine for a year and a half, maybe 2. I used 3M vinyl. It protects your paint, no drawbacks other than you'll have to replace it eventually.