Bedliner on fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sofloraptor

Reaction score
My fender flares and tailgate applique are all stained up and I've been considering using some bedliner on them. For anyone that has done this, can you post up some pictures along with the product you used? Right now I'm considering Durabak since it offers a smooth finish but looking to see some other ideas.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did it on my GEN1 but went to a Line-X shop and had them do it. If you remove them and just bring them to the shop it will cost less. I had them use their premium product that does not fade otherwise some of the DIY stuff will look like crap in a few years.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the guy above me said. Remove yourself and bring to a shop. Call multiple shops because some will overcharge.

LineX is what I had done and I'm very happy with it.
IMG_7350.jpeg

IMG_7356.jpeg

CVP33

Reaction score
Not a Raptor…..obviously. Bought the 2010 truck for $14K, sold it for $20K. I hate chrome on a truck. I sanded the chrome bumper to give the Upol #4 grip something to hold on to, then used Raptor Liner 2K in the rattle can with the activator on the bottom. Less than $175 for everything and held up great for 3 years until I sold it. Very easy to apply.

Attachments

• IMG_5438.jpeg
    IMG_5438.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5275.jpeg
    IMG_5275.jpeg
    386.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
S

sofloraptor

Reaction score
Not a Raptor…..obviously. Bought the 2010 truck for $14K, sold it for $20K. I hate chrome on a truck. I sanded the chrome bumper to give the Upol #4 grip something to hold on to, then used Raptor Liner 2K in the rattle can with the activator on the bottom. Less than $175 for everything and held up great for 3 years until I sold it. Very easy to apply.

That looks really good, doesn't seem to be as rough looking at some of the other options. That's part of the reason I've been looking at the Durabak since they offer a smooth finish but that almost looks like it would match some of the OEM plastic trims. How easy was it to wash? Did it feel super rough?

CVP33

Reaction score
Easy to wash. Doesn’t stain and if anything big, chips the finish you can touch up easily versus paint. Don‘t Know that you even need to remove parts….just prep and tape off. Spray from 12-18” away seems counterintuitive but it works. It’s literally goof-proof if you follow the steps. And just plain ol’ painters tape will give you a perfect edge….even on uneven body work.

Attachments

• IMG_5482.jpeg
    IMG_5482.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 20

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I did plasti-dip first and could not stand how many nicks I was getting. Obviously front bumper sees more abuse than a fender-flare but still. Good news, it only took me a few hours with a pressure washer to remove the PD.
Did the rims on my Mustang back in the day, turned out great. Lasted years and could always reapply if needed. Comes back off as well. Didn't do that with my Raptor, had them powder coated.

Last edited: