Herculiner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the closest Line-x installer is about 9 hours away in France and i'll end up shelling out an arm and a leg for it. A co-worker recommended Herculiner to me. He told me stories of his past experience and how great and durable it was on his Jeep.
Its also cheaper than linex / rhino lining installation as well. ($99 for black)

Website here

Herculiner%20Logo.jpg

art_herc_package_black.jpg

In the six years since the creation of the do-it-yourself bed liner category, the market has become a hotbed of activity with a number of new entrants, each vying to capture a portion of the lucrative and ever expanding truck accessories market.

HERCULINER, the first nationally-marketed do-it-yourself brush-on bed liner kit, has found its success by offering a unique high quality product and implementing a number of marketing programs. HERCULINER has built strong brand recognition as a premium bed liner and has raised awareness for the category among pick-up truck owners. As a result, it is now the #1 selling do-it-yourself bed liner.

"In building the HERCULINER brand, we tapped into the enthusiasm many truck owners have for their trucks by participating in events and venues where many truck owners attend," added Brian Bohlander, HERCULINER brand manager. "We've discovered through years of sponsoring athletes in bull riding, pro-stock racing, B.A.S.S. fishing, and most recently, Championship Off-Road Racing, that the fan base is brand loyal and an excellent advocate of promoting quality products like ours."

HERCULINER is the only polyurethane and rubber granule coating that is applied to the bed surface using the rollers and brush included with the kit. When cured, HERCULINER provides a durable skid-resistant protective coating. Because it can bond to virtually any surface or material, HERCULINER can be applied to wood, metal, concrete, aluminum, asphalt, rubber, fiberglass, and most plastics, including PVC.

"In addition to being used for a truck bed liner, our customers have found alternative uses for HERCULINER around the home and garage," Bohlander said. "4x4 tubs, undercoating, concrete steps, and trailers to name a few, have all been treated with HERCULINER to make a durable skid-resistant surface. This provides additional profit-making opportunities for our savvy retailers who promote the product for other uses

Has anyone had experience with this product?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Um, no. But the only concern I'd have is what happens if/when it starts to come off. I suppose you could always apply more, right? But if this stuff isn't as good as Line-X, what then? (What do Line-X and the others do if/when there's a problem with their stuff?).

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen very good results with DIY bed liner products. If you roll/brush it on thick as recommended the only real different is spray versus roll. Make sure to clean the surface as directed. Bottom line all depends what you are going to do with the bed, if your not eating off it, then it is meant to be roughed up and look like a truck bed. Just another personal choice. Most expensive is not always the best option for everyone!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No direct experience, no. But I've watched several of those Saturday mechanic / hot rod type shows, and they use this stuff (or similar) all the time. The one thing they always stress is how important the preparation of the area is, before applying it. They'll usually strip all rust using a grinder and chemicals (not a problem for you), they'll sand the paint down big time (can't remember what grit, but they'll spend an afternoon going over all the nooks and crannies), wipe it down to remove all dust and debris, and then start to apply the product. They'll usually make a point of saying that your approach to this should be the same as if you were going to repaint the area, stopping only right up to the point where you'd normally apply primer. Instead, you apply the liner.

Seemed like a ton of work, to me. And that's cool, if you're into working on your truck, on your knees and bent over all day long. Just know what you're signing up for, I guess.

Keep us posted on what ya decide!

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, Prep work is what they stress is the key to the liner. And if it does get a chip, Herculiner adheres to itself. Unlike line-x. so you can just touch it up. I'm going to pick up a kit and knock it out on a weekend. I'll give a write up on it as well, filled with pics of course.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Prep work is what they stress is the key to the liner. And if it does get a chip, Herculiner adheres to itself. Unlike line-x. so you can just touch it up. I'm going to pick up a kit and knock it out on a weekend. I'll give a write up on it as well, filled with pics of course.

I will be watching with great interest Nacho. I plan to get a bed rug, but looking at something like this for the wheel wells. Are you planning on applying it there as well?

Falcon

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will be watching with great interest Nacho. I plan to get a bed rug, but looking at something like this for the wheel wells. Are you planning on applying it there as well?

Falcon

MOST DEFINITELY the wheel wells. The underbody was coated with that Ziebart Urithane coating. It is GREAT on the frame and underbody. For some reason, on the wheel wells , it didnt hold so great. The Garden Hose started chipping away at it. I'm just going to take the rest of it off and re coat it. So after I coat the bed, the wells will be priority number 2.

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang I forgot it could be a couple of weeks because your in germania oh well hope the weather isn't treating you to bad over there

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang I forgot it could be a couple of weeks because your in germania oh well hope the weather isn't treating you to bad over there

Weather is alright. Getting a bit of rain lately but sun is finally coming out. Heard the weather is nice over at Bragg right now. ( I used to be stationed there)