Herculiner on Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had some damage to my rear passenger fender flare (not sure what caused it.). So I decided to take the opportunity to paint them. Since Bushwhacker doesn't make fender flares for the Raptor (yet.....ever?) I decided to Herculine them.

Started off by sanding them down with 100 grit, give them a good rubdown with Xylene, and applied two good coats of the stuff about 3 hours apart from each other. Then I let them sit over night. I also lined my fender wells because the original Zeibart undercoating was coming off.

Went through a Quart of Herculiner.

I am very happy with the results.

View attachment 1746View attachment 1747View attachment 1748View attachment 1749View attachment 1750

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ohhhyeah that's the ticket. Very nice Nacho.

Does Herculiner roll on? And I assume you sanded and wiped down the inside of the wells too? About how long (minus dry time) did the job take ya?

Nice!!

OP
OP
Nacho

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ohhhyeah that's the ticket. Very nice Nacho.

Does Herculiner roll on? And I assume you sanded and wiped down the inside of the wells too? About how long (minus dry time) did the job take ya?

Nice!!

The first coat you can brush on. The second coat I rolled on. It gave it even more of the nice tacky/rough texture. The tire wells were also sanded to the best that I could and wiped down as well.

All together (minus drying time) took about 4 hours over the course of two days. That includes taking the fender flares off, sanding, wiping, and two coats of lining.

I'm happy with the way it came out. I think I might do the skid plate next, also might look into a baja bumper tho. Also have some touchup work to do on it tho. Herculiner bonds to itself as well.

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great idea. I have a lot of scratches that someday I might paint loke this.