Front fender, flares, rubbing on lower bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 ford raptor and had some paint chipping off the drivers fender flare. They took it off and the paint was rubbing off under the flare. They took the other one off to and same thing. So now I have to get a touch up or new paint. They said they never have seen this? I call bs.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You say its chipping the flare but then say under the flare. Can you take a picture not so close so we can see what we are looking at?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the flare is scratching the body based off the paint colors. Regardless, that ain’t right.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the trim peice is slightly sticking out creating contact with the flare.

Last edited:

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you pull the flares off their is a big flat spot that touches the paint. i have taken mine off a few times. I don't see how that happens even with heavy offroading. The only other thing I could see happening is some kind of debree getting in the gap and then rubbing. Like piece of tree limb or something. Very strange. I will say it's amazing how tight those plastic clips keep the flare to the body. 12 clips per flare

mph4

Reaction score
This appears to be more of a Gen3 thing I've noticed as I looked at them on lots. I had a Gen2 which had remarkably good fit and finish, and the Gen3 I have no is also really good, but I looked at several others on lots where it was clear there were some funny clearance issues in front end trim. My R should be here in a few weeks and hoping it's as good as the current Gen3 I have or I'm going to ask to have any issues fixed before taking delivery.

Definitely agree that doesn't look right, and unfortunately may be something more than uncommon.