Help! engine trouble shooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could this be why sometimes when id put it to the floor the truck would accelerate then all of a sudden like stop for a split second and go again?

Is this a major problem or a quick fix

so this just was coincidence with the tune? or maybe cause the tune operates the engine with a different idle/ gas use

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

sorry for so many questions and i really appreciate you helping me out

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tune seems to cause the engine try to warm up quicker and get into a close loop mode faster to become more fuel efficient.. I not sure if they run a richer closed loop, and this is why people with tune and failing canister purge valve have the stalling and dying. Then once they remove the tune it gets better and eventually gets worse and happens without tunes.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can we get a picture of the canister purge valve and where we are suppose to put our finger to feel this ticking? PLEASE :grd:

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg You are the man ! this forum rocks and its people like you that contribute to that! i owe you a beer or two i will be getting this done as soon as possible! one last question thought! who did you order the part from?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greg You are the man ! this forum rocks and its people like you that contribute to that! i owe you a beer or two i will be getting this done as soon as possible! one last question thought! who did you order the part from?

Right from the dealer, they had several in stock...

-Greg (aka squatting dog)