headrest dvd players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
We have done a few f150's with our headrests and never had complaints. If there is enough interest I will take video and print out install instructions. I rate most installations by how many beers are consumed while doing the job. This is probably a 6pack install...

and yes, the preloaded games are a bit cheesy

BigO31805

Reaction score
I would love to have more information on the headrests. Do both play the same video, or can they play different ones? How is the sound? Does it have headphone ports?

autowerks racing

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
They are two independent dvd players, so you can watch the same or different and they come with wireless headphones. I was mistaken on the brand, they do not include preloaded cheesy games

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bump!

My wife is going to splurge and get DVD players installed in my headrests or go with repalcement headrests with built in DVD players. The ones we have started looking at each have their own players, but they are linked so the two are watching the same program if the kids didn't want to watch different programs (which is an option as well). They come with wireless headphones, much like as described earlier in this thread.

My guy at the audio/security shop priced some for me this week. It appears the Myron & Davis line (pictured) only runs about $600 installed (and that was without any negotiating off of the retail price which I seem to have gotten rather proficient at lately).

The other options I am looking into are from Crutchfield. I'm pretty sure I could install these myself and I have no desire to integrate these into the factory Navigation (if even possible).

headrest at Crutchfield.com

So, there are plenty of options out there. I, personally, like the Alpine option from Crutchfield (for quality), but that requires an installer to hack into your headrests....

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this since three months ago when this thread was last active?

Matt

Edit: These are 9" and seem to fit our trucks: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_435ESS9IRB/ESS-Headrest-Video-Package-Black.html?search=headrest

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
I know you were looking at the aftermarket ones you build into your headrests, but I just had Ford install a set of their 3rd party headrests in my Raptor. I think they have two versions. First one has a master player and then a slave screen, meaning that you put the DVD in one headrest and it plays on both. The second is two players that can either play individual DVDs or you can share either player with the other. Nice when you have two kids that are far apart in age.

Interesting thing was that the headrests came in and had white stitching from the 3rd party. My dealer had to call Ford to get them to redo the stitching in black to match the interior of the Raptor. Final bill came in at $2000 but they are "factory" installed and covered by my Ford dealer. They look good and play great. Kids love it.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Double. $2k for my kids to watch Cars is a little rich for my blood at the moment, but I bet your system is bangin.

It looks like for < $500 I can have some nice ones that match the interior and that includes installation. They each have their own DVD player so the kids can watch their own shows, but one can also be the master so they can watch the same program (much like you described).

Mind posting a picture or two of your setup?

Thanks again,
Matt

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Had to travel out of town for work. Here is a picture of the headrests. Kids love them.

Attachments

• headrests.jpg
    headrests.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 103

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Thanks. As a FYI for anyone else looking for a set, the material on the headrest does not match exactly that of the seat. The material on the seat is smooth and the headrest has a texture. Sort of hard to notice for most people.