Headlights manually turned on -> Auto off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
...our nanny state has decided that DRLs aren't bright enough, and that if you don't have your actual headlights on in certain corridors, you'll get slapped with a ticket. Ask me how I know... :wtf:
What conditions might those be? That sucks. But, it is a good thing the State of California is there to save you from yourself!

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. I really can't imagine living in that kind of totalitarianism. I get annoyed by people driving around all day with their headlights on - especially when they're parked on the side of the road, but apparently don't understand what parking lights are for.

Anyway, I'm no help, other than to suggest moving to a free society.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i feel abandoned...... j never called...... haha

ok i think i found a solution, but its a shitload to type. and like i said, it works on most cars but with all these damn computers in the truck, im not 100% certain until i get a truck to try. let me know if you want to try it, or bring it to my shop so i can try it.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i feel abandoned...... j never called...... haha

ok i think i found a solution, but its a shitload to type. and like i said, it works on most cars but with all these damn computers in the truck, im not 100% certain until i get a truck to try. let me know if you want to try it, or bring it to my shop so i can try it.

Doh sorry about that Noah. I suck. I appreciate the effort.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. I really can't imagine living in that kind of totalitarianism. I get annoyed by people driving around all day with their headlights on - especially when they're parked on the side of the road, but apparently don't understand what parking lights are for.

Anyway, I'm no help, other than to suggest moving to a free society.

:facepalm:

Headlight safety corridors are used in red states and blue states alike, bro.

They're used in CA when the roads have sharp turns or blind corners, like on the CA-2 through Angeles National Forest. Alaska and New Mexico have similar headlights mandatory sections for that added safety too, from what a quick google search tells me.

What will these totalitarians think of next, mandatory seat belt laws?

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2011, but I believe in the control center (the display between the speedometer and tach) there should be an option for auto off headlights after a certain amount of time after the truck turns off so you can leave it in the on position, mine turn off after about 10 minutes I think, I will be checking this in a minute, gotta get my shoes on

I couldn't find the option, but I know that mine shut off after 10 minutes if I leave them in the on position, and I can start it right back up so the battery didn't die, maybe it's just 2011 and up

Last edited: