Go Pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
be careful though. i just recently had a suctioncup mount fail. im guessing that over time it finally just couldnt take it anymore. also the 3white that was in there was a fetality as well. at least it was gassers camera and mount..... :evillol: the suction cup tore at the top where it attaches to the plastic and once it did, it allowed air to enter the suction cup. about 2 seconds later the whole thing goes flying off. just outside my reach. i saw it acting funny so i figured i should check it, but i was about 1/2 second too late. this was mounted on the passenger side of the windshield. easily accessible to turn on and off while sitting there. just a heads up.

OP
OP
Tecman1007

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be careful though. i just recently had a suctioncup mount fail. im guessing that over time it finally just couldnt take it anymore. also the 3white that was in there was a fetality as well. at least it was gassers camera and mount..... :evillol: the suction cup tore at the top where it attaches to the plastic and once it did, it allowed air to enter the suction cup. about 2 seconds later the whole thing goes flying off. just outside my reach. i saw it acting funny so i figured i should check it, but i was about 1/2 second too late. this was mounted on the passenger side of the windshield. easily accessible to turn on and off while sitting there. just a heads up.

I appreciate all the input from everyone.....I don't wanna lose my new $400 camera! This is why I chose this site to support over the "other" one. Love FRF. Nothing but good people, vendors, events and advice

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the regular sticky mount instead of the suction cup, smaller profile and I don't need to worry about it falling off, have it behind my mirror so I don't see it when the camera is not mounted and when it's on it's super sturdy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370781746.178588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370781746.178588.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 36
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370781799.308680.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1370781799.308680.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 40

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mouldman, I mount mine in the same place but use the suction cup, which takes way too much space. Great idea using the permanent mount, and its out of the way and not visible.

I've also tried mounting at the back window to see more cab and maybe instrumentation but its too far.

The other location I tried was underneath the mirror, so you can get a little vehicle perspective, and the edge of the tire to give it a bit more action sense, but the camera doesn't hang out enough.

I would like to get a more side view of the truck some how, or maybe a suspension shot, looking forward.

The tethers are available as an accessory, and I recommend the wifi remote, which makes it very handy.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost a gopro with a sticky mount. Ive also knocked other sticky mounts off when offroad. Definitely tether it!

nohel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use the roll cage clamp on my rear view mirror mount works great, you just cant use your mirror at the same time

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: