Gibson MWA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gentz002

Banned
Reaction score
After a few weeks of stalling, I finally had my muffler installed. I like the tone, so I don't think I will be going back to the OEM muffler. (kept it just in case).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q215VyOzSxY&feature=youtu.be

Sounds really good man.. Other than the muffler and CAI. do you have any other mods on there?

Like a VTA BOV? sounds alot louder that i can ear on mine. (no mobs yet, just dont hear the blow off valve anywhere near that loud on mine.)

thanks for the info.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you installed your Gibson muffler yet? If so, what do you think?

Yes, a few days ago. It sounds a lot better than stock, and it sounds better outside than inside the truck. The muffler is very simple, just the outer skin with two tubes with large holes in it. It is very well made compared to flowmasters.

As far as sound, it's loud enough so you know it's there, but no so loud that it annoys others. At 70mph in 10th gear, you can only hear a very low and soft rumble--which is excellent for highway speeds.

However, in 4,5,6 gear, it seems to have a slight amount of drone at around 2000+ rpm. It's possible this is caused by the fact that my muffler shop only welded one hanger, since the muffler is so much shorter than stock. Maybe adding the 2nd one will help quiet it down at 2000+ rpm?

Overall, I am happy with it. It was only $110 for the muffler and about $100 to have it welded.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, a few days ago. It sounds a lot better than stock, and it sounds better outside than inside the truck. The muffler is very simple, just the outer skin with two tubes with large holes in it. It is very well made compared to flowmasters.

As far as sound, it's loud enough so you know it's there, but no so loud that it annoys others. At 70mph in 10th gear, you can only hear a very low and soft rumble--which is excellent for highway speeds.

However, in 4,5,6 gear, it seems to have a slight amount of drone at around 2000+ rpm. It's possible this is caused by the fact that my muffler shop only welded one hanger, since the muffler is so much shorter than stock. Maybe adding the 2nd one will help quiet it down at 2000+ rpm?

Overall, I am happy with it. It was only $110 for the muffler and about $100 to have it welded.

Your opinions are just like mine...i have the same drone but I find it livable all things considered. My next stop is gonna be to turn off the sound enhancement and see if that helps any.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off sound enhancement prior to the install. When you do, you will probably find that it is quieter. What is a little weird is that there is a lot of sound come from under the truck (cab) instead of the back (bed).

Summits dates are estimates. I got it in about a week, on wasn't expecting it so quickly.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that mine has been on a few hundred miles, I really like it. Not too loud, but you can tell it's there. I'd echo a bit of drone at ultralight throttle around 30 mph.