General Grabbers Tire info and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Hmm, at that price I'm thinking of the BFG KM2s. They look perfect on the raptor which is surprising since they are a pretty chunky tire. Black is wearing them, kinda hard to tell. Click enlarge. IMG_1727.jpg

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was considering the KM2's and actually tried to buy them first, but when I was told they were on intergalactic back order, I said no thanks and bought the Generals. I looked at every brand of tire I could think of, and only a handful in the 35/12.50/17 or 315/70/17 size had a side wall ply of three or more. The choices are limited. I don't think jumping a 6000 lb truck on a two ply side wall was/is a good idea, but I've thought wrong before haha.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, no worries. Please don't EVER hesitate to ask a question around here.... No one is gonna treat you like a noob. We all learn from each other.

Correct. Deaver Suspension is the manufacturer. They make rear leaf springs that are far superior to our stock ones. The stockers give you 3 leafs (mounted on a block). The Deaver leaf springs give you 11 leafs tuned-in for superior offroad performance. The reason they come in +1" and +2" sizes is so that you can remove the roughly 2" rear blocks that sit between the leaf springs and axle and retain roughly the same ride height.

Anyone who has pushed a Raptor hard through the whoops can tell you that the ass-end can buck like a coked-up Tijuana street ******. The Deavers really settle that down and allow you to push harder and drive faster through the burly stuff.

If anyone else has other info to add or wants to elaborate on my explanation, please do.

ILMAO!!! Hahahahaha .....

I,ve been trying to put into words how the rear end of this truck acts when I am on wash boards, a common thing here in the NW, and Bo, you have nailed that for me! I am starting to lose count how many times she has tried to rotate on me, especially on a decelerating turn over the 'boards.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ILMAO!!! Hahahahaha .....

I,ve been trying to put into words how the rear end of this truck acts when I am on wash boards, a common thing here in the NW, and Bo, you have nailed that for me! I am starting to lose count how many times she has tried to rotate on me, especially on a decelerating turn over the 'boards.

Perhaps left foot brake and keep your right foot on the gas to keep the ass planted to the ground?

Go Faster? I have found that different areas require different speeds to get the smoothest ride. In Terlingua the magic speed is 45mph+ on the washboard. Speed limit is 25, but everyone ignores it.

apoirier594

Reaction score
Guess I'm reviving this thread! :D

I am very interested in the Red Letter Generals. I have a 2wd 99 F-150, I'm about to lift it 6". 6" up front and 4" in the rear, so kind of like a 4wd with a 4" lift. I saw a pic of a Raptor with 37" grabbers and it looked amazing! I'm going to get fiberwerx 6" fenders, should I go with 35x12.5x18 grabbers or 37s? I'm just afraid the 35s might look a bit small(never thought I'd say that)..and the 37s might look like inner-tubes..?

Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Actually think I'm going with 35" look at post 635 please. He has 17x35, should I go wit 17s or 18s? I'm also getting a custom FORD looking raptor grill. Is the FORD lettering in #635 painted? Or is that factory, looks more glossy. Thanks!

http://www.f150online.com/forums/other-aftermarket/363626-blackout-trucks-post-pics-here-43.html