General Grabbers Tire info and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Shocks are in top position, but Deavers haven't been installed yet. My truck is in the shop rig now getting a ton of security and radar mods put on. Then I gotta take it to Ford for some warranty stuff, then I'll mount the deavs

Security and RADAR?? What Blockers? And what kind of security?

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at these.... of course my truck only has 1k miles on it, so its not a necessity to change tires tonight.... Size compared to the stock BFG's are pretty close (about .6" taller over the BFG).... and the advantage may or maynot be the traction...weight is significant over the BFG, in the 16 lbs MORE each range...

dont have the weight in front of me, but this is the detail I was looking at:

315x70xR17-35x12.5xR17.png
from the online tire size calculator

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the Generals off a month or so ago. I'm doing more hwy driving with school so I put replacement BFG's on to wear out. There is definitely a noticeable weight difference between the two when you drive the truck back to back. I still believe the Generals offer better traction in just about every situation. The Generals also make me more comfortable with their thick side walls when I'm rompin around the jagged trails of the rocky's at 10,000+ feet. They didn't do too terrible for what they are in the snow.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so not to sound like a noob here, but what are deavers?

Dude, no worries. Please don't EVER hesitate to ask a question around here.... No one is gonna treat you like a noob. We all learn from each other.

I have been curious too. I know they are different rear leafs, but is deaver the brand?

Correct. Deaver Suspension is the manufacturer. They make rear leaf springs that are far superior to our stock ones. The stockers give you 3 leafs (mounted on a block). The Deaver leaf springs give you 11 leafs tuned-in for superior offroad performance. The reason they come in +1" and +2" sizes is so that you can remove the roughly 2" rear blocks that sit between the leaf springs and axle and retain roughly the same ride height.

Anyone who has pushed a Raptor hard through the whoops can tell you that the ass-end can buck like a coked-up Tijuana street ******. The Deavers really settle that down and allow you to push harder and drive faster through the burly stuff.

If anyone else has other info to add or wants to elaborate on my explanation, please do.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the Generals off a month or so ago. I'm doing more hwy driving with school so I put replacement BFG's on to wear out. There is definitely a noticeable weight difference between the two when you drive the truck back to back. I still believe the Generals offer better traction in just about every situation. The Generals also make me more comfortable with their thick side walls when I'm rompin around the jagged trails of the rocky's at 10,000+ feet. They didn't do too terrible for what they are in the snow.

The only downsides I've experienced with my Grabbers are the added weight ( that's the price you pay when you want a beefier sidewall) and the red letters do require some maintenance. When tire grease, brake dust, road grime, dirt, etc. gets on the red it makes the lettering look pink. I for one do not like the appearance of pink on my truck, so I find myself scrubbing the red-lettering pretty much weekly to keep it looking more like a true red.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
The only downsides I've experienced with my Grabbers are the added weight ( that's the price you pay when you want a beefier sidewall) and the red letters do require some maintenance. When tire grease, brake dust, road grime, dirt, etc. gets on the red it makes the lettering look pink. I for one do not like the appearance of pink on my truck, so I find myself scrubbing the red-lettering pretty much weekly to keep it looking more like a true red.

Hey Pinky - how's them Deaver carpet art springs performing for ya? I'm considering custom springs because I know the factory block ain't going to stand a lot of abuse - but still want to have a fair bit of flex in the ass end. 3 leafs vs. 11 leafs kinda looks restrictive in that area.
Have you noticed any difference in axle articulation with them?

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, I'm planning on those when the stocks are done. How much did they run you?

When I bought the Grabbers, 4wheel parts had just lost the exclusive on them and TreadDepot.com was selling them for 227 a tire (plus shipping). Last time I looked TreadDepot was selling them for 280 or so. The Grabbers got popular and couldn't be found in the 35/12.50/17 size for a while. I think everyone started selling them for 280+ after that. I would buy them again even at the 280+ a tire, but I might end up with GoodYear Wrangler MTR for my next set if GoodYear offers the 315/70/17 in black letter out.