Gen1 2010 Blue Flame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, didn't see that posted. The 5.4L is a fine engine. Keep up with the maintenence and that motor will chug along forever. There are some upgrade to the sparkplugs I would look into. The upgraded plugs area one piece design rather than the two piece that woud break when you tried to remove them.
The 5.4 3V heads were redesigned in late 2007; one of the upgrades was a change from the original 2 piece spark plugs to a new one piece design. The one piece plug is not backward compatible with the old 2 piece design. However; a stronger, laser welded 2 piece plug was released to service 1st Gen engines.

OP
OP
S

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on the spark plugs FordTechOne. Went and got my smog check today here in California and the guy doing the work couldn’t believe low miles on the truck. Only thing I don’t like about the truck is sometime in the past someone installed a cat back Flowmaster muffler remove the resonator and put a turn downpipe before the axle. Lots of drone, so I’m going to try to find a used original Raptor exhaust system to put back on it.

OP
OP
S

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I actually bid on this as well. Glad to see it went to a good home. I had the same thought process. Basically a brand new gen 1 truck.
I saw a few bids on there but ended up buying it privately instead of through EBay. Nice guy but didn’t get the smog done before I bought. Said the one that was done before was still good. I am not from Cali so I took his word for it. Ended up getting it done to get the title transferred. No biggie. You would like the truck. Like driving a new 2010 again.

MNWILKO

Reaction score
I saw a few bids on there but ended up buying it privately instead of through EBay. Nice guy but didn’t get the smog done before I bought. Said the one that was done before was still good. I am not from Cali so I took his word for it. Ended up getting it done to get the title transferred. No biggie. You would like the truck. Like driving a new 2010 again.
very cool, likely one of the lowest mileage gen 1s, if not the lowest.
Did you drive it back to VA or have it shipped?

OP
OP
S

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should probably update my profile. I live in California now military in Lemoore and the truck was in Fresno, which is only 35 miles north coincidentally. I’ve been driving the truck some put a few hundred miles on it but I work from home so I probably won’t put that many miles, glad I got it

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should probably update my profile. I live in California now military in Lemoore and the truck was in Fresno, which is only 35 miles north coincidentally. I’ve been driving the truck some put a few hundred miles on it but I work from home so I probably won’t put that many miles, glad I got it
blech.... getting hot out there? smells like cow shit...... i have family in visalia. used to visit a lot when i lived in ca. i know lemoore, tiny ass town with cows all around you.

go get some steaks at harris ranch too.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck! Color is crappy for sure but good find regardless of that hideous color on that Raptor .......