Gen 3 Towing Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there have been a few people, including myself, asking about towing with a Raptor. Hoping to get a towing picture thread up here with a good amount of input from peeps. I just picked up my 2023 and I plan to tow a 22 foot wake boat (6500 lb dry with trailer) in the near future. Lets see some pictures of your Raptors working hard!

Rocu2zzz

Reaction score
I had added the Timbren bump stop kit and that didn’t help for shit lol. Next I added the Geiser rears that gave me a little height for the rear and a little stiffer spring. I think the ass will still sag so now I’m adding air bags to the rear. I got the idea from a few owners who are running airbags inside the real coils to help tow. Truck has plenty of power and good brakes, just really soft suspension.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tows great

Attachments

• DFBB491A-F179-42E7-8C8D-3EDAE7B83AD8.jpeg
    DFBB491A-F179-42E7-8C8D-3EDAE7B83AD8.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 9DE6D3F8-D66A-4149-9789-2D49C4C95B3E.jpeg
    9DE6D3F8-D66A-4149-9789-2D49C4C95B3E.jpeg
    433.8 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had added the Timbren bump stop kit and that didn’t help for shit lol. Next I added the Geiser rears that gave me a little height for the rear and a little stiffer spring. I think the ass will still sag so now I’m adding air bags to the rear. I got the idea from a few owners who are running airbags inside the real coils to help tow. Truck has plenty of power and good brakes, just really soft suspension.

Nice. You have any idea what the dry weight / tongue weight is of your setup?

tows great

Awesome boat. Jealous. Looks like hardly any sag with that thing, even on a down slope.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is with a 25 foot Airstream trailer. I plan to either ad airbags or use a different vehicle of some sort this year. This saggy rear end is just unacceptable. If I could fix this issue, the truck would be perfect, so I'm hoping to find a good airbag solution before summer.Tow1.jpg

OP
OP
T

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is with a 25 foot Airstream trailer. I plan to either ad airbags or use a different vehicle of some sort this year. This saggy rear end is just unacceptable. If I could fix this issue, the truck would be perfect, so I'm hoping to find a good airbag solution before summer.

Yeah that looks pretty bad... Could only imagine how it is driving, especially at night with your headlights in the sky.

Rocu2zzz

Reaction score
This is with a 25 foot Airstream trailer. I plan to either ad airbags or use a different vehicle of some sort this year. This saggy rear end is just unacceptable. If I could fix this issue, the truck would be perfect, so I'm hoping to find a good airbag solution before summer.View attachment 394652
I’m going to test out my airbags this weekend and see how much less sag I have towing my boat. Stay tuned

Rocu2zzz

Reaction score
Yeah that looks pretty bad... Could only imagine how it is driving, especially at night with your headlights in the sky.
When I drove to the Keys shortly after trading my Gen 2 for the Gen 3 I’m sure I had pissed off drivers when I was blinding them heading down I-95