FX4 to Raptor Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well figured i would throw up an intro. Joined this forum a little while ago.
Currently own a 2012 F-150 FX4 SCAB 6.5' Bed.
Traded in my 2015 F-250 6.7 Powerstroke a few months ago to upgrade the wife to a new SUV. got my self the 150.
In great shape considering it had 115,000 miles on it. Plan to build it into an off road truck. Loved the Powerstroke and will have one again some day but financially it was a better move. with the diff in weight and how much more aftermarket support for the off road 150s I'm excited to build my truck.
was tempted buy a few raptors all with in my budget but what killed the deal for me was the shorter bed. Test drove about 3 of em and came close to purchasing. but couldnt go with out at least a 6' bed needed the 6.5' I often move several containers for work (Light weight Comms equipment) but the main box is too long for the 5.5 even with the bed extender.
Along with a few other things i use the truck for i could go with the 5.5' bed.
so went with the FX4 and I'm in the process of purchasing all the stock Raptor Suspension components from this forms members.
not trying to merely slap raptor grill and badges on a regular 150. hoping to achieve most of the off road abilities of the raptor and maintain my needed bed space.

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gonna look weird with the wide front end and skinny ass.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys are going to give you crap about "fake Raptor" and stuff around here... Sometimes I think it's jealousy because they paid and you didn't, but you still get to be in the club. I think building your own is way cooler and you get the things you want and know your truck better when your done because you layed hands on every part. I bought mine because I was lazy and wanted a reliable daily driver. First time I bought something basically the way I wanted it without a bunch of modification. Good luck with the build...

OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support!
So far I have the Upper and Lower Control Arms, and Front Coilovers.
As far as the width in the rear. I plan to widen it up. I proabaly will start with wheel adaptors then move towards a replacement to the rear end.

Deff happy to be building my own aside from the bed size there's a lot of the FX4 trim level I love and would have been swapping onto the raptor had I purchased a raptor. I decided I would enjoy the project of building my own.
One of my favorite features of the FX4 is the interior, all black including panels etc, with the red/black seats and red piping. Added a few splashed of red wrap and I'm thrilled with the interior

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2691.jpg
    IMG_2691.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 74

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my advice would be to go with aftermarket parts where you can afford to for suspension as your fx4 will then out perform a raptor and you will still have less money spent vs buying a new or new to you raptor

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pink piping, and did you say "raptor girl"

This would be the first female fx4 conversion, you go girl.

O wait you meant raptor grill, my bad.

Either way, you're always welcome round here. Lots of good info and experience at hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ASars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol just the lighting it's not pink at all I'll have to take some better pics in the day time they were quick shots at night while o was working on it. All 2012 and older FX4 with the appearance package had all black leather with red layer under the seat perforation and with red piping heres a stock photo:

Attachments

• IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3741.jpg
    IMG_3741.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 30

jaytperry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would also have to agree, upgrading the suspension past what the raptor has stock is the way i would go, definately are going to have to get wider fender flares instead of the stock flares. i had an fx4 from the previous gen, that 6.5 ft bed i miss, but then again, truck is about the same length as my old one. great looking truck though doesnt look like your missing out on anything on the interior.