Full race FMIC on gen 3 installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Gen 3 you do not even have to remove it from bumper as bolts are on backside of bumper. I had to have my Gen 2 ACC recalibrated, but my Gen 3 was fine. I dont think you technically need to remove bumper for just intercooler but I also did winch.

how did you have to modify the acc bracket? i’m looking to install soon and want to make sure i get it right

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you have to modify the acc bracket? i’m looking to install soon and want to make sure i get it right
The ACC is in the front bumper on driver side. I did not have to remove it from bumper and it has been working fine.
I did save my relocation bracket in case I buy the ADD the Stealth bumper later on.
I dont think the bumper has to come off if your just doing intercooler.

8250_RPM

Reaction score
the full race relocation bracket is not a perfect fit for the gen3 adaptive cruise, if you’re having to use it. I had to modify mine to get everything to fit.

Also, i purchased the recirculating hose that full race recommends for the gen2, cut a couple inches off it to make it fit my gen3.
View attachment 377184
Which bumper is this?

8250_RPM

Reaction score
Almost tore into the front to install a Cobb intercooler this weekend which looks a lot like the Full Race IC. Gotta say, looks pretty daunting. I’m pretty sure I’ll break something and not even know it. The Cobb instructions are very detailed but can’t identify the parts in the pictures…thinking of paying a shop to do it. Am I overthinking it? I usually handle all basic maintenance items myself.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

8250_RPM

Reaction score
ADD offroad

Was install pretty straightforward? I was initially thinking SVC Smurf or Evil Hellion. No instructions on the Smurf but they do have a video on the Gen 2 Rap on their website. The Evil instructions appear to be well done but can’t really get an idea on how it looks via the several online pics and videos I’ve seen. I like simple in terms of aesthetics.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was install pretty straightforward? I was initially thinking SVC Smurf or Evil Hellion. No instructions on the Smurf but they do have a video on the Gen 2 Rap on their website. The Evil instructions appear to be well done but can’t really get an idea on how it looks via the several online pics and videos I’ve seen. I like simple in terms of aesthetics.

installation isn't difficult if you're a fairly handy guy and have tools to get the job done. Just take your time, measure twice, and cut once. I think I used a 12" sawzal blade intended to cut metal. I can't remember the exact size of the largest nut and bolt that holds the bumper bracket into the frame horns. But you definitely need a large crescent wrench and large socket to get that torqued down. Rubber mallet comes in hand also.