Fuel Treatment Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not the same as on a N/A motor, I would definitely confirm with a Ford tech, not some internet keyboard commando.

Maybe @Aaron would have some wisdom to share.

When I was running my ’97 Cobra on the track, the tech suggested I let him run the BG injection cleaner through it. Not the kind you get in a store, but he did show it to me. I figured it would be bunk, as most additives contribute nothing to “catch up” clean an engine, they just contribute less gunk. I got the Mustang back and it was like having a new car. over the course of the next several tanks of gas, I was getting significantly better mpg, and the responsiveness was much improved.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about AMSOIL PI Gasoline Additive Concentrate? I picked up 6 bottles about a month ago but haven't used any yet. Was planning on adding 2 bottles today

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What about AMSOIL PI Gasoline Additive Concentrate? I picked up 6 bottles about a month ago but haven't used any yet. Was planning on adding 2 bottles today

Check the owners manual, but I recall it saying emphatically to not put any additives in the fuel, oil, and coolant.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MDS for seafoam is pale oil, napha gas and isopropyl alcohol. Which of these is the problem?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use nothing! It doesn't need it.

Ford really nailed it with this ecoboost engine. Absolutely flawless after 5000 miles.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
You will notice a degradation in mpg, and your injectors will tick if you don't keep after it. This is great preventative maintenance for the ecoboost. Chevron with Techron is the only treatment the ecoboost needs to get. The Ford Tech makuloco has even said that this is the proper way to maintain the ecoboost.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gas mileage keeps getting better as the engine breaks in. (Now at 16mpg). No ticking at all, and I usually run regular 87 octane.

This ecoboost can handle it so well. Just shows what a great engine design can do.

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a buddy that swears by the Lucas upper cylinder fuel additive. Ive been temped on more than one occasion to use it, but I haven't yet. Anyone else using it? Pros/Cons?

Ive always thought of fuel additives as placebos. Besides the Techron and the Lucas additives, I've actually heard good things about those.