Fuel Reserve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told by Ford not to let it get as low as 15mi till E. Plus you don't want to run a tank that empty anyways. Not good for the fuel pump

OP
OP
S

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About zero miles.

Once mine hits zero, the truck dies...

That is great. Most vehicles leave you guessing but as the movie line goes; I want the truth!

My last vehicle, toyota sequoia, would run another 50 miles at zero so you would have a tendency to push it. Good thing I did not on this vehicle.

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard different things on this.

Treypal has a 2010 5.4 SCAB and his dies immediately at 0.

I've got a 2011 6.2 SCREW and I've gone several miles past 0 (on multiple occasions) without the truck dying. Maybe they put a reserve in 2011+? I'm thinking there's at least a 2.5 gallon reserve on my truck.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I've always wanted to try it out, but never had a gas can in the back of my truck when I'm that low on gas. I usually fill up between 50-100 miles left. This truck makes it too easy. At 50 miles it starts telling you where the gas stations are, lol.

OP
OP
S

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run it that low because I know I'm only getting 100 bucks into the tank before the pump stops.

I guess I could do the math while filling up with a couple ticks left on the mileage meter.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Ha, only a truck that gets 13 to the gallon would also tell you where to get more. It's like an addict.

Kiddin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run it that low because I know I'm only getting 100 bucks into the tank before the pump stops.

I guess I could do the math while filling up with a couple ticks left on the mileage meter.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Ha, only a truck that gets 13 to the gallon would also tell you where to get more. It's like an addict.

Isn't that the truth.....easy $100 every stop. Sure am glad that I have a company gas card...lol

OP
OP
S

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes pretax gas is my only savior. I guess I can also thank Obama for the 100% write off the first year.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I'm afraid to let mine get close to E I try to run it down to about 15 to 20 till E only because I put Lucas oil in my tank every time I fill up too.