FS: Sick HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Up for sale are my Sick HIDs that I purchased last year. I received this setup from Brian at Sick HIDs in May/June.

They are the 5000k with the CCFL 3/4 rings as seen in the pictures. I'm selling them because I cannot deal with them any longer. I pulled/cut them out of the truck about 3 weeks ago. :beatdeadhorse5:

When the lights were dry they worked good with the exception of needing to replace 1 inverter, 2 bulbs (two different occasions) and one ballast. :banghead:

Every time I would wash the truck or it would rain outside the connections/wiring somehow would get wet (of course) but then it would short out (begin to flicker/dim) and then eventually stop working until the wiring dried out.

I'm tired of them and do not have the technical know-how to rewire them or shore up the wiring to prevent them from doing this.

I have spoken with Dawson and believe these have some value to the right person who doesn't wish to spend the extra cash for a new set but is able to fix the wiring on this set to make it work better.

I don't have the patience and wanted them out of the truck.

Again, these were cut out of the truck as you can see by the pictures.

I am asking $299 for this setup and I'll ship them (Lower 48 States Only Please). Please remember these are being sold for parts and the buyer will need to take care of the wiring to get them working again.

Both projectors, bulbs, ballasts, CCFL 3/4 rings and inverters were working when I pulled them out of the truck. I will not be held responsible for anything going forward. I feel this is a fair price.

Please PM me with any and all questions. Thanx, Rick

5164-a.jpg

5163-a.jpg

5160-a.jpg

5161-a.jpg

Notice the Passenger Side headlight inside bolt hole to secure the lights to the truck has been broken off. I received this set from Brian at Sick HID this way and used one bolt screw on the top and the one located in the front of the headlight assembly to secure it to the truck and never had any issues with vibration or looseness:
5159-a.jpg

Pictures 6-8: The lenses on the headlights are are clean - no scratches or scuffs - they look bad due to fingerprints everywhere along with them being just washed and being very cold outside.
5157-a.jpg

5158-a.jpg

5156-a.jpg

Notice Left side headlight inop and right side CCFL inop. I just washed it and then they started acting up - I'm not a wiring professional and thing that once they are rewired better they will work good:
5155-notice-left-side-headlight-inop-right-side-ccfl-inop-i-just-washed-then-they-started-acting-up-im-not-wiring-professional-thing-once-they-rewired-better-they-will-work-good.jpg

5153-left-side-fogged-up.jpg

5154-right-side-clear-ccfl-working-shot.jpg

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. $299 is an incredible price for someone with the time and know how on fixing them.
Brian of Sick Hids seems like a true piece of work with unbelievable customer satisfaction/sarcasm/
Good luck!

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. $299 is an incredible price for someone with the time and know how on fixing them.
Brian of Sick Hids seems like a true piece of work with unbelievable customer satisfaction/sarcasm/
Good luck!

That's alright. This part was unfortunate but Dawson is setting me up with a '12/'13 HYBRID LS460 set soon! :banana-mario:

I figured that someone will get good use out of these and have fun with them. I just don't have that kind of patience.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck!

Agree

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.