GEN 2 Front sensors not working - Dealership says new bumper first

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neauxla

Reaction score
I have a MINOR dent in my 2019 front bumper from a stupid parking accident. Since then my front bumper sensors have been out of whack. I went into the dealership to get the sensors fixed and was going to leave the bumper alone (its really minor), but the dealership is telling me I have to fix/replace my bumper first or the sensor wont work right. I feel like this has gotta be total BS. Anyone have any suggestions?

dreys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MINOR dent in my 2019 front bumper from a stupid parking accident. Since then my front bumper sensors have been out of whack. I went into the dealership to get the sensors fixed and was going to leave the bumper alone (its really minor), but the dealership is telling me I have to fix/replace my bumper first or the sensor wont work right. I feel like this has gotta be total BS. Anyone have any suggestions?

Doesn't make sense to me either. Your sensor should work with or without a bumper. Those are completely unrelated items.

jintro

Reaction score
There are a few threads on this topic.. here’s one, see my comments https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/how-to-turn-off-adaptive-cruise-control.73783/page-3

From my own experience, and what I’ve researched, it appears the factory sensor bracket is pretty delicate and doesn’t take much of a bump to fail. Not sure it’s necessary to replace your entire bumper. As mentioned, the radar/bracket is behind the bumper grille on the driver’s side.