How to turn off adaptive cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

FuryRaptor11

Reaction score
What year is yours? I have a 2020 and am having issues with adaptive cruise control as well. Mine intermittently doesn't work and throws an error in my dash that the ACC isn't working and that collision avoidance isn't working as well. It says something about the sensor being blocked. I have an appointment with my dealership tomorrow to see if they can figure out the issue.
Its a 2019 and I'm having the same issue as yours ...I have an appointment with the dealership next week

jintro

Reaction score
I’ll chime in with my experience on this, as I just went through it on my ‘19 with only 4000 miles on it. It took the dealership 50+ days to finally diagnose the problem... they put in a new body control module, new radar unit, contacted Ford directly who told them to go through the wiring harness one wire at a time.. tore apart the camera in the mirror, etc etc etc. They finally decided that the ACC radar bracket was “broken” and causing false readings. Replaced the bracket and all was well for about a month... until today, when it just crapped out again in the middle of a 4 hour drive home. It seems, in my opinion, that either the bracket or radar unit are extremely delicate and any hard bump to the front end or tapping the skid plate on the ground causes it to fail.

My advice would be to have the dealer check that area closely first so you don’t get your truck completely dissected like mine was

Last edited:

Drivin2Fst

Reaction score
Its a 2019 and I'm having the same issue as yours ...I have an appointment with the dealership next week

I’ll chime in with my experience on this, as I just went through it on my ‘19 with only 4000 miles on it. It took the dealership 50+ days to finally diagnose the problem... they put in a new body control module, new radar unit, contacted Ford directly who told them to go through the wiring harness one wire at a time.. tore apart the camera in the mirror, etc etc etc. They finally decided that the ACC radar bracket was “broken” and causing false readings. Replaced the bracket and all was well for about a month... until today, when it just crapped out again in the middle of a 4 hour drive home. It seems, in my opinion, that either the bracket or radar unit are extremely delicate and any hard bump to the front end or tapping the skid plate on the ground causes it to fail.

My advice would be to have the dealer check that area closely first so you don’t get your truck completely dissected like mine was

Have either of you made any changes to your truck via Forscan? I'm wondering if there is something in the changes that I made that may be causing an intermittent issue.

jintro

Reaction score
My truck is bone stock. Both failures occurred after doing some light offroad driving... a knock to the front bumper/skidplate or driving over rough terrain sets off the “pre-collision alert unavailable” warning on the dash. In my case, both times the warnings disappeared on the next startup and the cruise worked ok for a couple hours but then randomly becomes inoperable and bricks the system after that.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My truck is bone stock. Both failures occurred after doing some light offroad driving... a knock to the front bumper/skidplate or driving over rough terrain sets off the “pre-collision alert unavailable” warning on the dash. In my case, both times the warnings disappeared on the next startup and the cruise worked ok for a couple hours but then randomly becomes inoperable and bricks the system after that.

<obligatory and snarky post ******* prius remark here... >

You said you did some light off roading, mud by chance?
The sensor is pretty easy to choke, some have reported it in heavy rain, but I’ve seen mine throw the “no ACC” error during snow. checked and the front bumper was caked with snow, slush, road chemical agent etc. I cleared it, and when I returned to the truck to head home, no acc fault. I didn’t use it, because it was snowing, but I did use ACC a day or 2 later.

The bumper insert / grill is pretty easy to remove, and it may be worth a look. Just be careful with this accursed retaining clips.

jintro

Reaction score
No mud, sand dunes. I understand what you're getting at about the radar being thrown off by environmental conditions, but I verified in both instances there was no blockage or visible issues with the unit. (I used to run a body shop so no issues with those grill clips for me ;) )

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
(I used to run a body shop so no issues with those grill clips for me ;) )

I kind of want to hate you for that ... :)
Those things are a PITA.

it sounds like a stealership visit is in your future.

Drivin2Fst

Reaction score
Have either of you made any changes to your truck via Forscan? I'm wondering if there is something in the changes that I made that may be causing an intermittent issue.

I just uploaded all of my stock files through Forscan. Still having an intermittent issue. Not a Forscan problem.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the intent of these forums to share information and ideas? I belong to a Harley forum and a Jeep forum too and every once in a while I will post a question to see if anyone else has experienced the same or similar issue as I am and perhaps find a quick solution. In the case of my Raptor, it saves me from thumbing through the 628 pages of the Owner's Manual.

Unfortunately, there always seems to a few that find it necessary to post negative, sarcastic or otherwise useless responses . I'm sure the moderators have better things to do but it's too bad they can't delete the negative posts and block the senders.

Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. teach a man to fish, he will eat for a life time.

I am one of the biggest RTFM advocates on here. To me it is just lazy to ask a question here, where you could easily research and find yourself. Now if you made an honest attempt to find some obscure info and failed, we are all more the willing to help....but you have to make an effort.