Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think it is interesting that they are concerned about the loss of "revenue" if they can't issue a ticket.....wonder how much money they are talking about losing?

If they are talking about enough to balance the budget then I take back everything. :shakehead:

How about the revenue gain of charging the same price for registration and only issuing one plate? I know the prisoners make the plates, but the raw materials come from our tax dollars. I'm sure it ain't much but every little bit helps.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 camaro that I refuse to put a front plate on. I do know that they make a motorized bracket that retractable when you want it to.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
BDRAG,

FYI, it looks like you upset someone in the legislature because they re-wrote the 2012 law just for you... :waytogo:

Well I have had some LEO's look directly at my decal plate and just stare but have never figgered they needed to use that as a reason to pull me over. So far so good. I think its mainly a contact issue. They can use it to stop you and see what else they can find wrong.

BDRAG

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood real hard on a daily basis

Don't put one on and know how to bs a cop when your day finally comes??

That's what I'm doing an I live in Cali

The front visor trick is a good one too

If anything atleast carry it in ur truck

4 cars including the raptor and 1 front license plate ticket in 3 years. last one a fix it ticket and a $25 fee. i keep the front in the car/truck, with the ADD winch bumper it has never come up even when pulled over... watch this post jinx me on my way to work in the morning

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a displaced Texan, I like having a front plate as not to be mistaken for a native here.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad ran without one on his '05 Porsche Boxster S. Ticketed driving to work one morning.

He also ran without on on his Lexus GS350...got a ticket in downtown Houston.

My neighbor had a Jaguar XKR back in the day and she got one 5 minutes from our houses.

All of these occurred in the Houston area.

German, Japanese, English cars.... Maybe a good ol' American Ford would have better luck round town....

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have had some LEO's look directly at my decal plate and just stare but have never figgered they needed to use that as a reason to pull me over. So far so good. I think its mainly a contact issue. They can use it to stop you and see what else they can find wrong.

BDRAG

Called PC (gives the probable cause to pull you over). It will happen when you least expect it or on the day someone spilled a beer on you.....
You may beat the rap, but you cant beat the ride.