Front License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called PC (gives the probable cause to pull you over). It will happen when you least expect it or on the day someone spilled a beer on you.....
You may beat the rap, but you cant beat the ride.

Yep, only time I was pulled over for my front plate was after the bars closed. The cop just wanted to see if I was drunk. After he figured out I was sober he let me go and never said anything about fixing my missing front plate.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been pulled over for it, usually by State Troopers, Bexar Cty Deputy once, but no tickets....

I refuse to put one on my sportscars. I'll never defile my cars

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly...I don't want to have any PC to be pulled over. That's why everything on my current truck is 100% legal.

Welcome to the only double negative I use: You cannot not violate the vehicle code while driving.

Did you stop before crossing the stop line, if no line before entering the crosswalk, if no crosswalk BEFORE the IMAGINARY crosswalk?

Did you extinguish the clear driving lights (on most vehicles) 500 feet meeting or 300 feet approaching from behind?

License plate bracket = obstructed plate.

Signal 250 feet before that lane change or turn?

33 in a 30 IS speeding.

If they want you they can get you LEGALLY. Point is, it's just PC to see if the driver is sober, carring dope, guns, etc. Usually the only way to get a ticket from above and similiar situations is to TALK yourself into a ticket, i.e.: "What the **** do you want", "Shouldn't you be out arresting murderers and rapists instead of ******* with me?", etc. Most cops are easy going people, they just have a job to do and don't screw with people unless the unhappy motorist invites it.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the only double negative I use: You cannot not violate the vehicle code while driving.

Did you stop before crossing the stop line, if no line before entering the crosswalk, if no crosswalk BEFORE the IMAGINARY crosswalk?

Did you extinguish the clear driving lights (on most vehicles) 500 feet meeting or 300 feet approaching from behind?

License plate bracket = obstructed plate.

Signal 250 feet before that lane change or turn?

33 in a 30 IS speeding.

All of the above if I want to...except for extinguishing driving lights. I don't know what that means.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All of the above if I want to...except for extinguishing driving lights. I don't know what that means.

Turning off the white drive lights, often mounted in the lower bumber of cars / suv's. If they are yellow, they are "fog" lights and are not required to be extinguished (turned off). If they are white, you must turn them off as listed above in Illinois(.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
maybe i'll get this:
not only do i actually support finding the cure for breast cancer...the pink ribbon is a ***** dropper. plus if you're talking to a chick the conversation can quickly become breasts.

lgBreastCancer.gif