Freedom in Motion SYNC Lockpick / Front Camera / "Poorman" Washer install and review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sclark

Reaction score
TheJoker,

Thanks for the great review! I was skeptical about buying that kit for my 2010 because I couldn't find any reviews. Since reading this, I've purchased the kit! Unfortunately I won't be able to install it until I get home from work in another 2 months... But I'll reply with my kit install and photos when I finish. Thanks again.

Bader

Reaction score
I ordered the SYNC lockpick and installed it last week on my 2012 Raptor but removed it after three days cues some times the rear camera works and some times it doesn't I have to turn the ignition off and on again to make it work plus the original front camera didn't work at all money down the drain

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered the SYNC lockpick and installed it last week on my 2012 Raptor but removed it after three days cues some times the rear camera works and some times it doesn't I have to turn the ignition off and on again to make it work plus the original front camera didn't work at all money down the drain

If your truck has the factory front camera, I would contact Noah at the car stereo co (vender). He can set you up with a NavTv unit which will give you the ability to force both cameras. Good luck.

Bader

Reaction score
If your truck has the factory front camera, I would contact Noah at the car stereo co (vender). He can set you up with a NavTv unit which will give you the ability to force both cameras. Good luck.

Thanks but I don't want to spend more money I just don't think it's worth it.

kkitowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And guys, I've been working with Noah to see if we can get another group buy on Nav-TV if we get 12+ orders.... more to come from Noah, as he would do quickly if we have enough interest!
Thanks!

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I purchased the FIM Sync Lockpick and an aftermarket front camera, both from Camera Source - Backup Camera Systems for Commercial, Automotive and Agricultural Needs.. I also bought a washer nozzle for the front camera on eBay. I installed everything last weekend and have had about a week to test it out. Here Is my review:

FIM SYNC Lockpick for 2009 -2012 F-150 with Nav:

What is it? The Lockpick works with Fords equipped with Sync and the Sony Nav system (this will not work with non-nav equipped trucks). It allows you to add an aftermarket rear camera (if not already equipped), and up to 2 other cameras. Currently this kit does not work with 2012 factory front cameras.

The Lockpick also allows you to view any of the cameras at will. Including a factory rear camera (this is a new feature).

In addition to controlling cameras, the Lockpick allows you to input Nav address's while in motion (leave this for your passengers, pull over, or use voice commands).

And lastly, the Lockpick allows you to watch DVD's while in motion. I know some of you don't like the Sony Nav System but, the picture and sound from DVD's is incredible on this system. If you would rather not allow this feature, it is easily shut off using switches set during the installation.

The installation was easy, 1 beer. It is all plug and play. The hard part is stuffing all the wires back in after the install. One piece of advice, Do not mess with the airbag as described in the instructions. You simply pop the right side trim out, leaving it attached, which allows room to remove the screen trim piece.

Overall, I am very happy with the Lockpick and I am glad I waited to buy it. I originally looked into buying this a year ago. Back then, the kit did not work with factory back up cameras and watching movies would interrupt Nav directions. Both of these issues have since been resolved.

You can program the system to turn on your front camera automatically anytime you park (under 5 mph I believe) or you can turn off your auto on for your rear camera. I really don't like either of these features.

One other cool feature with this kit is with the 2 additional cameras. Yes, you can add a front camera and a nanny cam. But, you could also add blind spot cameras near your mirrors which the Lockpick would control when you use your directionals. I don't know how the Lockpick knows, but it does. I'm not sure if there's anyone making blind-spot cameras which fit our mirrors but I don't think it would be too difficult to make some type of housing which would look stock. Some Volvo's etc. have this option.

The following pics are in park, its not very easy to drive, watch Act of Valor and, take pictures:

Speaking of the blind spot cameras... What if one were to put cameras somehow in the spot under the mirrors where the puddle lights are, I have not looked in mine to see how much room is under there but just an idea...

sclark

Reaction score
Speaking of the blind spot cameras... What if one were to put cameras somehow in the spot under the mirrors where the puddle lights are, I have not looked in mine to see how much room is under there but just an idea...

Maybe even hide it behind the SVT side vents?

GitErDunn

2010 6.2L SCAB
Reaction score
If I had the lockpick I would totally be up for testing out my puddle light area idea or your side vent idea.