fox shocks done at 40k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya except both Ford and Fox are on record claiming 100,000 miles. My fronts went out at 35,000 and the rear at 45,000...and they have only been in the dirt a couple times ;)

Just curious if Ford/Fox warranties these at the mileage they are failing? Doesn't sound like it...

Thanks.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would Fox replace them? Ford has the contractural relationship with Fox and given the some of the issues on other componets on the truck I would almost bet money that Ford will respond "abuse". To go in after 36k miles with an issue not likely to have any goodwill spread by Ford. Those days are over.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to have to plan on the King upgrade around 40k miles then. Seriously.

Looking around, this is semi-beefy (lol)

raptor=prerunner-drooped131765404813176540421317654058_thumb_medium620_413.jpg

http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/Prer...d-Raptor-Prerunner-by-Brenthel-Industries.php

Last edited:

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shocks are easily rebuildable guys. We have a ton of the rebuild kits in stock and they go for around 20 bucks. There is absolutely no reason to replace the shocks just because they are leaking. However, everything is upgradable! :waytogo:

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
It'd be a great excuse to the wife for why I needed to upgrade to King 3.0s though. :ROFLJest:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before it is said and done the factory Fox shock will become what is now the "Rancho" on the factory Chevy not even close to the best in the line. Not really up to what the aftermarket will offer---when mine die they will be upgraded just like everything else on the truck. Ford does things not to build a vehicle with the best componets but to make the most profit by saving a nickel here and there. That is literally how they do it.