Fox 3.0 at Full droop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sashishimo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what Ive gathered on the forum, fox 3.0's have a .63 inch greater measurement at full droop/ extension than stock. This was from the dyno testing post without spring or on vehicle.

For any with 3.0's, have you measured the difference between stock and your 3.0 at full droop in the front? Anyone had to replace any other OEM components due to stress at full droop with your 3.0? {CV's etc} or do you expect to?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is such a minute amount of time spent at full droop that I would be very surprised if you had CV issues related specifically to that. Now, most that have 3.0's run at higher than mid-perch, and lower than top perch, and there might be problems with CV's down the road (but nobody has seen any yet that I know of).

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your measurements are correct. The Fox 3.0's do offer more wheel travel than the OE application and on the original sets way back in the day, it was even more than the current batch. I cant remember if any of those made it to market though. I had them on my truck for a long time and never had any CV issue from them.

Jarrett