Gen 3 windshield rock chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I put over 100k miles on my Gen 2 and never got a chip, crack or anything in the windshield. My '22 has just over 37k miles and I have 6 or 7 rock chips. I have always avoided getting close behind rock haulers and dump trucks. Just rando little rocks from cars hitting it.

Anyone else noticing this? Are they making rocks stronger these days?

Edit. I didn't realize this was the R forum. I'm sure they got the better windshield. Oh well. Fire away.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup…gen2 had zero rock chips. Week 2 of gen 3 ownership, tiny rock caused a chip. It hasn’t “grown” at least.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You’re imagining it. I put 2x windshields on my ’17 so far. One was due to a solid hit from a rock thrown up crossing the causeway to S. Padre Island.
Your Jen Tres glass is just as strong, you’re just being punished for not enough tire shine, not enough ppf, and not stopping at starbucks enough.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You’re imagining it. I put 2x windshields on my ’17 so far. One was due to a solid hit from a rock thrown up crossing the causeway to S. Padre Island.
Your Jen Tres glass is just as strong, you’re just being punished for not enough tire shine, not enough ppf, and not stopping at starbucks enough.
You may be on to something. I have done none of those things during ownership. Don't tell anyone but I haven't even washed it in over 6 months.

I did tire shine a few times on the last one, but this one is like the youngest kid in the family. Latchkey kid.