GEN 1 Fox 3.0 clunk .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my truck a month ago and and front right has a decent chunk. About to just break down and go to TSW and let them rebuild them all

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought the same fox 3.0 set front and rear. drove 1200 miles and got tired of the clunk/click. I have them for sale if anyone is interested.
50% off

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i bought the same fox 3.0 set front and rear. drove 1200 miles and got tired of the clunk/click. I have them for sale if anyone is interested.
50% off
Did someone say that was a factory error? IIRC that was determined after a LOT of time & effort..... yet Fox hasn't addressed the problem?

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did someone say that was a factory error? IIRC that was determined after a LOT of time & effort..... yet Fox hasn't addressed the problem?
fox told me its normal noise so i told them i will never buy their crap again

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Race trucks doing race truck things...
This is a good point. Anybody with Kings is familiar with the clickity click sounds from the bypass check valves, and you either get used to it or you don't. But...... in an actual race truck there is so much other noise that it doesn't matter. It seems as if the OEM shocks absolutely had to be quiet as part of NVH requirements, but pretty much every performance mod (knobby tires, trans cooler fans, bed-mounted tool boxes, squeaky delren bushings, external bypass valves), crank up the noise, aka "race trucks doing race truck things".

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
This is a good point. Anybody with Kings is familiar with the clickity click sounds from the bypass check valves, and you either get used to it or you don't. But...... in an actual race truck there is so much other noise that it doesn't matter. It seems as if the OEM shocks absolutely had to be quiet as part of NVH requirements, but pretty much every performance mod (knobby tires, trans cooler fans, bed-mounted tool boxes, squeaky delren bushings, external bypass valves), crank up the noise, aka "race trucks doing race truck things".
Not to mention race brakes, holy hell. Sounds like a train coming to a stop.

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to mention race brakes, holy hell. Sounds like a train coming to a stop.
It's so funny when people realize that afterwards. Before we moved into our current building, our business was mixed in with a German brand repair/service shop.

Soooooo many times have I seen people buy BBKs then turnaround a few weeks later complaining about their brakes and wanted them warrantied or removed.

To stay on the subject, I have had my Fox 3.0 one for about 500 miles, no major noises. My Pro Eagle jack rattles around the most in the back. Will report back if I hear anything else when I remove the jack.

Last edited: