Forscan Adaptive Cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to use Forscan to increase the sensitivity on the steering wheel so the "keep your hands on the wheel" doesn't go off so often?

My wife's Acura has the same feature and as long as your hand is on the steering wheel the warning doesn't happen. With the Raptor even if you keep your hand on the wheel the warning goes off and you need to move the wheel, even if you don't need to turn to follow the road.

I'm not advocating not driving with your hand on the steering wheel, but I'd also be okay to remove the alert altogether if possible.

Does anyone have any luck with Forscan?

doverrover

Reaction score
Is there a sensor or something on the wheel? How does it know that you have your hands on the wheel? I too get annoyed when my hands are on the wheel and it's yelling at me saying it's not...

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a sensor or something on the wheel? How does it know that you have your hands on the wheel? I too get annoyed when my hands are on the wheel and it's yelling at me saying it's not...
My best guess would be that there are no steering wheel sensors. Rather, the warning is set off due to a lack of driver input (no steering wheel modulation) when you have ACC and LKA engaged.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It monitors the steering rack torque sensor. If there is no torque input for a specified amount of time, it assumes you are not holding the steering wheel.

OP
OP
M

mully722

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that there is a weight sensor of some type. In my wife's Acura I can literally put my hand on the top of the wheel and I get minimum warnings over a long period of time.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2# scuba weight I found online works great for keeping the sensor happy. I still keep my hand on the bottom of the wheel 95% of the time, but the truck is much less "wife like" on long trips.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2# scuba weight I found online works great for keeping the sensor happy. I still keep my hand on the bottom of the wheel 95% of the time, but the truck is much less "wife like" on long trips.
Out of curiosity, what do you do with the weight? A 2lb weight isn't exactly small enough that you can just hide it behind part of the wheel and not notice it. Do you just let it hang from the wheel?