ford raptor spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh cool I won't be spending a small fortune when I change mine lol so how long is everyone waiting to change out their spark plugs?? I'm at 29,738 miles right now Nd thinking about changing them when I hit 35,000 when I do my next oil change

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rumor has it, that they are a bitch to change.

I don't see why. You can see and touch every plug.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Oh cool I won't be spending a small fortune when I change mine lol so how long is everyone waiting to change out their spark plugs?? I'm at 29,738 miles right now Nd thinking about changing them when I hit 35,000 when I do my next oil change

Oh, that's way premature. I have forgotten what the maintenance interval in the manual says, but those plugs should go at least 60,000 miles.

Page 435 of the factory manual for the 2011 model says 100,000 miles.

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what plugs are y'all gonna be replacing the stockers with?

That's a better question than it first appears. Before I had the Raptor I had a 3.5L L5 GMC Canyon (that was the big engine at the time). It also had a plug change interval of 100,000 miles. I changed to some specialty plugs at 80K, and it eventually threw codes. So I changed to some top-of-the-line Bosch iridium plugs, and it threw codes in just a couple days.

When I went back to the auto parts store and complained about the Bosch plugs, the guy behind the counter told me that they get that all the time with computer controlled engines. He advised me to buy the same AC Delco plugs that the truck came with. I did, and the truck was trouble free from then until I traded it on the Raptor 36,000 miles later.

For the Raptor I'll be buying whatever Ford put in it at the engine plant.