Ford Performance upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The end of the world is coming too. Wait for it.

PS: Those new TVs, laptops and other stuff - don't buy them - there'll be better versions out soon. Wait for them too.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Fixed it for ya'

True ****** move <-- that's NOT sarcasm, idiot

You don't need to "read my posts much" to know what I mean - because I know sarcasm is rarely obvious when typed and there's no sarcasm emoji
obviously the end of the world is coming. in like 2.3 billion years or so unless the sun explodes before then or the galaxy runs into another galaxy.

ya man i'm a gen2'er i wasnt waiting for shit. i luv this raptor as u can see.. i ******** in it at least once a day :ROFLJest:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Squatch , if there was a V8 option and the ecoboost v6, I'd go ecoboost all day everyday.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261...e-would-you-pick-41251/index8.html#post843934

Obviously this poll was created for an engine that doesn't exist (yet) but I'd be willing to bet instead of 90/10 for the hypothetical Eco V8 over the V6 it would still be at least 50/50 if Ford offered an NA V8, regardless of size. I know I'd get another Raptor immediately if Ford offered a V8. I'd really love to link and cage my current one and still have one to drive daily.

Hopefully Ford will man up and put the new 7.0 DOHC V8 they are developing into the Raptor at some point. But truth is I'd be fine if they just offered a 5.0 option. That engine is good for 700+ horsepower with a Whipple. And way more if you build it. With the 5.0, we'd finally be tapped into the Mustang aftermarket.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261...e-would-you-pick-41251/index8.html#post843934

Obviously this poll was created for an engine that doesn't exist (yet) but I'd be willing to bet instead of 90/10 for the hypothetical Eco V8 over the V6 it would still be at least 50/50 if Ford offered an NA V8, regardless of size. I know I'd get another Raptor immediately if Ford offered a V8. I'd really love to link and cage my current one and still have one to drive daily.

Hopefully Ford will man up and put the new 7.0 DOHC V8 they are developing into the Raptor at some point. But truth is I'd be fine if they just offered a 5.0 option. That engine is good for 700+ horsepower with a Whipple. And way more if you build it. With the 5.0, we'd finally be tapped into the Mustang aftermarket.

A 7.0L DOHC would interesting for sure, but if it was between a NA 5.0 and a 3.5 HO Ecoboost I'd still check off the ecoboost box. I would think 650 plus HP is doable with a tune and turbo upgrade if you're so inclined.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A 7.0L DOHC would interesting for sure, but if it was between a NA 5.0 and a 3.5 HO Ecoboost I'd still check off the ecoboost box. I would think 650 plus HP is doable with a tune and turbo upgrade if you're so inclined.

I'm quite sure 650 is doable with turbo upgrades. Probably a good bit more.

Doesn't change my point of view, though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s good to have goals and everything but... what will be the weak link that breaks at 600-650 hp on a 5700 pound 4x4?