GEN 2 Ford Factory F150 Raptor beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if you have to remove the factory bead rings before you replace the tires? They look pretty thick and they could be damaged from the wheel machines if not removed? Are they hard to remove and do the torx screws have thread lock on them.

thank you

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely do, though my tire guy said he was able to pull a tire from a Raptor BL ready wheel without taking the beauty ring off because one of the bolts was frozen.

Take them off, save some headache and time.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The beadlock tires are a pain in the ass. I am not sure why owners get them. And I bet most owners will never truly use them as intended.

Hello, I am wondering if you have to remove the factory bead rings before you replace the tires? They look pretty thick and they could be damaged from the wheel machines if not removed? Are they hard to remove and do the torx screws have thread lock on them.

thank you

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely do, though my tire guy said he was able to pull a tire from a Raptor BL ready wheel without taking the beauty ring off because one of the bolts was frozen.

Take them off, save some headache and time.

I have a hammer bolt driver which can remove about anything but yeah it looks like they would be a pain in the ass. I figured as much. Wonder if the dealerships and tire dealers charge extra to have to deal with them.

I just turned them by hand and they come off easily with a T45 bit and a 1/4 inch ratchet.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use an impact driver to remove mine and they come off No issues to run real beadlocks.

If I can mount a tire in my garage with a prybar I’m pretty sure they can use a tire machine to go over the fake bead lock.

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to take the ring off and yes most tire shops charge extra for that.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a couple of flat repairs on my 2014 with factory headlocks done at Discount Tire and they have never removed the rings. When I mentioned it the first time he mentioned their machine does not touch the rim. I have used them for the Shelby GT500KR rims I put on my Shelby GT/SC because I didn’t want to chance them getting damaged since they are hard to replace.

Mark

dhiestan

Reaction score
Discount here in Vegas said if I left them on, They would probably scratch the rings. I took them off with no problems. I reinstalled them prior to balancing the tires.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can be left on if the tire shop has the nice tires machine that uses a roller to bead the tire. If they use the older style machine where they stick the metal pry bar under the tire's bead to remove the tire, they will absolutely scratch the crap out of them. Ask me how I know!