Ford delivery delays!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Built 3.20 , shipped last week. Dealer tells me this month for sure. They want my gen 2.

Gary Gere

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you find out that your new truck was totaled in transport? Did Ford tell you this or did you find out some other way?

OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
Dealer GM contacted me and told me
(He had bad news!) The info came from zone rep that your truck was damaged in transport to the dealer and is totaled! Not the call I wanted to hear! Still have not received any letter directly from FMC? I don’t think they really give two sh&&@&it about me or one raptor that got totaled!
How did you find out that your new truck was totaled in transport? Did Ford tell you this or did you find out some other way?

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else on FRF just had the same thing happen. Pretty ****** luck. I wonder if you guys were on the same transport.
That's what I wonder.... :oops: OP - sorry for your "loss". Hey you should be able to get the Ford Regional Rep to up the priority on the new build. ;)

Chip shortage and the driver shortage are both causing issues. I think Ford is doing what they can but these are national issues. We've all seen the freight back up at the ports because of a lack of Truck Drivers. Walmart just announced starting pay of 110K a year to drive for them! ;)

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I wonder.... :oops: OP - sorry for your "loss". Hey you should be able to get the Ford Regional Rep to up the priority on the new build. ;)

Chip shortage and the driver shortage are both causing issues. I think Ford is doing what they can but these are national issues. We've all seen the freight back up at the ports because of a lack of Truck Drivers. Walmart just announced starting pay of 110K a year to drive for them! ;)
This. Have ZR expedite a new order for you.
I personally would have ordered all that stuff and drove a beater for another year and saved money to put down in the Rap.
Don’t skip on items you want just cause you “think“ it will speed up the process. The wait time is what it is.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forum's usually make up a small minority of owners but I think this is like the 4th totaled truck I've heard about. If the dealer didn't provide any other details or offer to talk to the zone rep, I would speculate that another customer offered ADM and the dealer enjoyed copious amounts of the devil's dandruff and many female companions.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The national truck driver shortage is no joke. The only company I see responding to the situation is Walmart by starting new drivers at $95k per year after they complete a 12-week drivers training course. Their goal is to have roughly 12k truck drivers on the payroll. The average salary for a long haul trucker is $64,210 per year according to ZipRecruiter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wallybosch

Wallybosch

Reaction score
The same day that I found out it was totaled the dealer ordered my replacement truck. Same truck as I ordered the first time. He confirmed that the zone rep has the new order that night and was going to expedite the replacement order. It’s been almost a week since…. I haven’t hear anything as far as being on any build scheduled yet? This might be a while before I see my truck! The worst part is I sold my 2018 raptor Sunday so no truck right now for me!