GEN 2 First post isn't a good one..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

I just bought a 2017 Raptor here in Houston two days ago, I wish I could say i'm super happy and get into moding it straight away but I'm a little worried, the truck only has 20,000 miles on it and was a one owner, its in really really good condition, but it feels like its idling a little rough and it shudders from take off and at part throttle, kind of feels like a problem with the torque converter but it a little hard for me to tell because I haven't driven a second gen before, it also feels a little like the engine is missing, it's pretty annoying and I'm super disappointed, I've already changed the sparkplugs which looked very good and checked for any misfires stored but it shows none at all. I did buy a good extended warranty with it so that makes me feel a little better..

I do show to have a few open recalls one of which (21N08 PCM reprogram due to engine shudder) is what i have described the same sort of feeling that you guys are getting with this problem ??

i dont think it ever been to the dealer for any ECU/TCU updates (if there are any)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance !!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ca ca ca cammm pphhhaasserrrr.... sorry for your bad luck but I’m sure it’s just a dirty maf something of sorts. With the warranty You’ve got first stop would be right back to the dealer...

0r30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ca ca ca cammm pphhhaasserrrr.... sorry for your bad luck but I’m sure it’s just a dirty maf something of sorts. With the warranty You’ve got first stop would be right back to the dealer...
You got me thinking on cleaning my MAF

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you start throwing money...

...Get the codes read and a diagnostic. I have done this same dog and pony show since 2004 when I bought my first car. I know now, stop throwing money at **** and wrecking your brain. Get the diag and then proceed from there.

DoJo

breezy

Reaction score
I second the recommendations here and don't think it's anything to worry about, get the recall/programming done and fresh tank of 93. Yes I know there is debate about this but my truck had a small shudder from the gas the dealer used and I put 93 in and it smoothed out.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the service history on this vehicle? If it’s already had recall 21B10 completed and it’s exhibiting a shudder at 1000-1500RPM on throttle tip in between 25-55MPH, it’s eligible for program 21N08, which reverses the update.