Sounds Good Stereo concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waptor23

Reaction score
I didn't want to post on this topic prematurely but I think now is appropriate. Ordered a stealth behind the seat subwoofer system for my GEN3 Raptor back in November. The page says 8-12 week lead time which would normally not be an issue. However, after speaking with them in the beginning of December I offered to pay for a faster delivery time. They said it would not be necessary and confirmed it would go out before Christmas. Weeks go by and in January they said it would go out by Friday and then nothing. This process happened 3-4 times. They promise my order would go out and then nothing. If they were honest and told me when it would go out, I wouldn't care. Im in no rush but when you lie over and over it is concerning. I'm afraid I may have to dispute the charge with AMEX and move on. Really disappointed with them as a company.

Does anyone else have experience with them?

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Make good stuff but are full of **** on time frames. They told me the same thing. Ended up taking about 15 weeks. The "should go out this week" phone call ended up being 3 more weeks

DCM

Reaction score
I had the same experience. Eventually the system ships. I found the best way to reach them was calling late afternoon. I did have a couple of conversations with them about improving communication and setting better expectations. Their response was they are doing the best the can and are focused more on building the systems than anything else. I did have a better experience getting installation support. The head tech gave me his cell phone and made himself accessible to help, even remotely logging into the amp through my laptop to make some tweaks.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I ordered from them last year...7 Channel Active system with sub under the rear seat. I checked on the order a couple of times, but they always held firm to the 12 week wait. I think I waited 13 weeks. So, my experience was fine. It does appear that they are growing exponentially though and that some people are suffering from that. But, like someone mentioned...call in the afternoon if you are having trouble getting ahold of them.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not long ago they posted in this thread that they are just "too busy" for customer service essentially.

berto2323

Reaction score
I just purchased Sounds Good Stereo's Stealth Focal Flax EVO 9-channel Fully Active Pre-Tuned Plug & Play Behind the Seat Stereo Upgrade for my 2023 Raptor R back in early November. They installed it this past week. I’m extremely particular with my truck. I didn’t want a subwoofer taking up the area under my back seat. So this is why I went with the stealth package. I believe I could have installed the system myself, but after watching Sounds Good Stereo’s installation video’s on YouTube, I thought it best to have Sage & Nathan install my system. Hard to imagine, but they were more meticulous than me. The system could not have been installed any better than if Ford did it in the factory. The system far surpassed my expectations! It sounds fantastic! I’ve been sitting in my truck for a couple of hours for the past 2 days just enjoying a great system. A side benefit is how solid the doors now feel when closing them. The sound absorbing material they line the doors with give them such a solid feel and dampens much of the road noise, not to mention providing the necessary sound dampening for their kick ass system. If you are thinking about an upgrade for your F150 stereo, you won’t be disappointed with Sounds Good Stereo. I’ve read many reviews and I see there is some concern with waiting to get your system. I’m here to tell you, the system I got was worth the wait!