F/S: SVT Fender Vent "RED OUT" 3M Vinyl Kit - $5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back I posted a thread where I put the red behind my SVT fender vents and the red behind the "L" in the 6.2L badge on the doors.

I had a lot of people pm me asking me where I got the vinyl and what I used.

I had a hard time finding a good vinyl (that I knew would last) so I bought a roll of 3M sun-resistant automotive grade vinyl and I have a bit left over.

The fender vent mod is EASY. It takes about 30 seconds to just pop off each vent then clean and apply the red vinyl. Really adds a nice touch.

Anyway.......

FOR SALE:

3 cuts red 3M high end vinyl (1 extra if you screw up) to go behind each side SVT fender vent.

$5.00 shipped. Not looking to make a killing here but just help out anyone that wants to do this mod.

Anyone that wants a kit - just PM me and I will send you paypal info. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20131027_205405.jpg
    20131027_205405.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 95
  • 20131027_205411.jpg
    20131027_205411.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a handful of questions about doing the red behind the L in the 6.2L emblem also.

Here is a pic of what it looks like (IMO Bad as hell), HOWEVER,

A. It is a pain. You need a plastic scraper to help you remove the emblem without damaging the emblem or the paint.
B. It trashes your adhesive when you remove the 6.2L emblem. You either need to plan on replacing both your emblems or scraping all the old tape off and cutting new double sided tape to go behind the emblem.
C. You have to cut the L out perfect so you don't have any paint showing on the inside or any red showing on the outside. I just used the "dust" outline left on my paint after I removed the emblem to trace it and cut it off of that.

If anyone wants enough to do their L too... just let me know. Figure $10 to do both the vents and emblems.

Attachments

• 20131028_163303.jpg
    20131028_163303.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.