Extended Engine Cranking when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brand new 24' R does this as well. Its probably happened 3 times and I haven't even burned 1 tank of fuel.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These new engines are direct injected so maybe it has something to do with pressure loss in the high pressure system. I’m not sure if these have port injection to deal with carbon buildup, but if they do chances are there will be a pcm reprogram in the near future. I feel like with the exception of maybe one user here it sounds to me like vapor lock due to the supercharger but again pcm software update should be able to remedy that as well.
No because ecoboost is also direct +port injected. HPFP on both

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely embarrassing. My trucks at the dealer now to try and solve this. Even with the video that I sent them, it’s not looking promising on a fix.
Someone at the kids baseball game this weekend as me if I needed a jump. I said mo it's turning over just fine just no spark or compression.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but thought the predator is port injection only? I know my 5.2 VooDoo is port injection only.
Funny you mention the voodoo, my GT350 has extended crank from time to time if I hot restart it. Happens 1-2 times a summer. I"ve never been too worried about it, and after coming from a cammed LS3, any restart is shorter than a hot restart on a cammed car lol.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you mention the voodoo, my GT350 has extended crank from time to time if I hot restart it. Happens 1-2 times a summer. I"ve never been too worried about it, and after coming from a cammed LS3, any restart is shorter than a hot restart on a cammed car lol.
I’m pretty positive this is a vapor lock issue, but I’ve been wrong before.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. 24 R with 200 miles. This truck has been fun so far! lol