Ranger Raptor 2019 - Intermittent Start. Not cranking. After many tries eventually it starts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgbrr2019

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone here encounter this issue of Ford Ranger Raptor 2019 model that sometimes it does not start but after many tries it start anyways. Once it starts you can drive it for long distance wothout any issue. But when you turn it off it might not not start again.

The battery is brand new. No engine check light. Everything seems normal. And sometimes it even starts in first try.

Its hard to explain the scenario as the issue is intermittent and no obvious pattern. But when it fails to start all sorts of error message appears in the dashboard. And it seems the battery is not even powering up the starter motor to crank the engine.

I am worried that one day it will not start at all !!!

Let me know if you need clarifications but if you encountered it yourself then you know what I am talking about.

If you encountered it, how did you fix it? Unfortunately the local dealership service center here could not figure it out either so I am hopeless/helpless!!

Regards,
Dennis

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anti-theft issue maybe? How many miles on it?
could be a bad cluster like i had on my expedition. Would refuse to start randomly and would get the same errors when it wouldnt.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for context, the US has never had a Ranger Raptor; so you might not get much feedback from fellow owners. We’ll be getting the all-new 2024 model sometime next year.

As far as the issue, there are a multitude of possible causes for error messages and a no crank condition. Can you elaborate on what each error message states? You’ll also want to get ForScan and a compatible adapter to pull DTCs. Once you have the codes it’s setting we’ll be able to narrow down what may be occurring.