R starting issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good with fuel pump replacement. Still waiting for more cycles to ensure it’s solved

asg0524

Reaction score
So far so good with fuel pump replacement. Still waiting for more cycles to ensure it’s solved
Just out of curiosity, did they replace it with a different kind of pump altogether, or the same part just a new one? I wouldn’t think it would be the latter, since these trucks are new, but just want to know what to tell the service boys. Do you know what pump they put in?

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Every now and then mine has a a longer crank time before firing. It’s done it maybe 4x is 9k miles.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did they replace it with a different kind of pump altogether, or the same part just a new one? I wouldn’t think it would be the latter, since these trucks are new, but just want to know what to tell the service boys. Do you know what pump they put in?
Sorry for the tardy reply.

Same part number. My guess is like everything Ford got a bad batch from a supplier and won’t know if you got one till it’s installed. The good news is I have not had the same issue again and have had a lot of cycles

vill

Reaction score
I’ve had my R about 2 months. I currently have about 1050 miles on it and I noticed mine stopped having starting issues after putting 700-800 miles on it.