Engine surges during low acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
dealers in my area dont have any experience with a supercharger on it.

the last time I had a truck at the Ford dealership they put a new 6.4 liter diesel in my truck and when I got home the new motor dumped all of the oil on my driveway and they had it for three more months putting another new motor in it
Is there too much oil from your filter getting onto the maf sensor? Have you cleaned that yet?

2011joe

Reaction score
Is there too much oil from your filter getting onto the maf sensor? Have you cleaned that yet?

Yeah I cleaned it last week didn't make any difference.

I have talked to tuners and no one will touch it and the 2 who will said I have to get id1000 injectors. Is that gonna be the only to fix it. If that is the only fix I'm fine with spending the money but don't want to spend 4k on somethsomething that can be fixed easier. Would rather buy suspension parts. It runs great other then the surging at 2-3k rpms

michealj

Reaction score
My 2013 has done this since I bought it back in March. It does it regardless of the temperature outside. Normally lasts just a couple minutes then it is fine. The truck has just over 10k miles on it now. I have just ignored it as it goes away quickly and runs great otherwise.

2011joe

Reaction score
I talked with livernois they claim I have to upgrade to the race valve on the Procharger to keep it from surging. So that might be a pretty simple fix for my truck but they also say I need bigger injectors that what is in my truck now isn't safe

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
oops

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Did you ever figure out this surge issue Im having the exact same problem.

No I haven't figured it out. only does it when the outside temps are down around 20° or so. Continues to surge even when engine is at normal operating temp, but only slightly. Also, I am on my 4th passenger side upstream O2 sensor replacement, it throws a code and blows black smoke when winter starts. My truck must simply hate winter

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2013 has done this since I bought it back in March...

Did you guys ever figure this out? Surging on acceleration problem...

...No I haven't figured it out. only does it when the outside temps are down around 20° or so. Continues to surge even when engine is at normal operating temp, but only slightly...

Hey gang,

Be sure to let me know if you decide to get your dealerships involved. Once they've diagnosed your trucks, I'll be able to dig into some ways to assist.

Crystal

OP
OP
NiteLife

NiteLife

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Be sure to let me know if you decide to get your dealerships involved. Once they've diagnosed your trucks, I'll be able to dig into some ways to assist.

Crystal
My dealer won't get involved because of my super charger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk