2017 Raptor surging in 4a only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkreinhart

Reaction score
Question for y’all in regards to my 2017 raptor, since around 55k miles or so, it started developing a surge but only while in 4a and under moderate acceleration. It doesn’t happen at all under light acceleration or under heavy acceleration (wot) and it doesn’t occur in 4h, 4 low, or 2 hi. It seems to be getting worse as time goes by. The transmission started slipping and skipping gears altogether at around 80k miles and ford replaced it under warranty, however the surging in 4a is still there and just as bad as ever. I just got the truck back from ford after them giving me the run around for over a month and finally coming up with the bs cop out of “the back tires are worn more than the front and causing the computer to miscalculate wheel speed”. I told them that was bs and they said “well that’s where we are at with diagnosis and won’t go any further until that is fixed”. I played ball and replaced the tires prematurely knowing that wasn’t the issue. Got it back today and still surges just as bad. Anyone else have this issue and what was the cause if so? I’m sick of dealing with these clowns

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with 4a issues.

What are your tire pressures set at? How many miles are on the truck? Have you serviced the transfer case? What tires did you take off and put on? What size tires? Can you try a different dealership?

OP
OP
D

Dkreinhart

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with 4a issues.
It looks like every other blue 2017 raptor
What are your tire pressures set at? How many miles are on the truck? Have you serviced the transfer case? What tires did you take off and put on? What size tires? Can you try a different dealership?
38 psi cold, just like ford and Bfg recommend. Tires are Bfg ko2 exact replacement of what came factory as it was done by the same ford tech that claimed it was my issue. Transfer case was supposedly serviced at 50k and at 80k when the transmission was replaced. It is at 90k miles now. So far I have tried the only two dealerships local to me and the first guys I had to teach how to adjust camber on my 96 bronco while they were doing an alignment so I doubt they will figure this problem out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter