GEN 1 Electrical Gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Since i had the truck ive noticed a few little electrical systems issues, nothing huge just noticeable. First was the 1-6 gear lights on the info screen will come and go(no biggie dont care about that)

Recently the nav is loading slow and when it starts itll show where i am but once i start moving the nav doesn’t move. I can put in direction and itll load and do its normal go to here and turn whatever direction. Thats where it stops working. I have a stubby antenna, nav/tv, and the updated a13 nav card. Ive taken the nav card out and put it back in and nothing.. ive reset the sync and nothing..

The other issue i had this am was the rear defrost button wouldn’t turn on. It first did nothing and then would blink on and off now it stays on. So idk lol.

The nav is something i use often in the spring and summer so its the only issue that’s annoying me and trying to fix. Lol

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
The gear range display is turned on/off by the select shift (+/-) on the shift lever.

You updated the Nav maps, but that doesn’t update the Sync system. Multiple improvements have been released over the years, you can get the latest software here:

Ahh so i must be hitting the button lol.

Ok. I did update sync after the new phone but not after the nav map card. Thanks ill give that a shot

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it a genuine A13 SD Card from Ford, or did you get it from Ebay?

Most of the ones on Ebay are knock off copies on cheap SD cards, and are flaky as hell.

Try your old card to see if it's the card or the system.