Ebay intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
Random question about the torque app, is it still available and what OBD adapter are you using to get the data from the truck? iphone or android?
Yes it is still available and I am running it on my android phone, my buddy bought this adapter for me about 4-5yrs ago and it works great. I have used this adapter on a VW, Audi, and now my Raptor I do have a different one I use a different dongle/adapter for Forscan, and this adapter is for android only.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not installed the inter cooler yet just got it yesterday. I am debating on getting new inter cooler piping haven't made up my mind yet.
My advice is save the money and hassle and just use the existing pipes and valve. The aftermarket pipes increase the installation time by 3X, and maybe look a little nicer, but other than that they do not perform any better than the stock pipes. Aftermarket BOV is basically for the sound, if you are into that sort of thing. I installed the cold/hot piping kit when I installed a Titan in my Gen2 and in the end I wish I hadn't bothered.

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
My advice is save the money and hassle and just use the existing pipes and valve. The aftermarket pipes increase the installation time by 3X, and maybe look a little nicer, but other than that they do not perform any better than the stock pipes. Aftermarket BOV is basically for the sound, if you are into that sort of thing. I installed the cold/hot piping kit when I installed a Titan in my Gen2 and in the end I wish I hadn't bothered.
I almost swapped out the intercooler this weekend but after changing the oil and doing some other stuff it was to hot outside for me. I am going to keep the oem inter cooler piping.

Bluto

Reaction score
I bought a knockoff intercooler from ebay a while ago for about half the cost of the equivalent retail one. I have since then also tuned my truck. Intake temps under boost sit at about 7 deg over ambient and don't rise during a single full throttle pull to 80+, while the stock intercooler would heat up to 15 or more not tuned at the top end. Under sustained uphill loads IAT stay lower as well. Cruising temps while the manifold is in a vacuum are still higher than that thanks to the PCV and VVT systems, but those are unavoidable and as soon as boost comes on it drops again. Also, as @FordTechOne said, be sure to blow it out well, mine did have some metal shavings in the ends. I think OP will be very happy with their purchase.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a knockoff intercooler from ebay a while ago for about half the cost of the equivalent retail one. I have since then also tuned my truck. Intake temps under boost sit at about 7 deg over ambient and don't rise during a single full throttle pull to 80+, while the stock intercooler would heat up to 15 or more not tuned at the top end. Under sustained uphill loads IAT stay lower as well. Cruising temps while the manifold is in a vacuum are still higher than that thanks to the PCV and VVT systems, but those are unavoidable and as soon as boost comes on it drops again. Also, as @FordTechOne said, be sure to blow it out well, mine did have some metal shavings in the ends. I think OP will be very happy with their purchase.
Did you just do a stock replacement or one of the larger sizes

OP
OP
Lunnzz19

Lunnzz19

Reaction score
It's a mishimoto clone. So larger stock replacement with a bar and plate core. I also have my intercooler shutters removed in both examples.
Did you reuse the factory clamps? I am thinking of using some t-bolt clamps I believe I can use ones that are 2 5/16" - 3 1/4". I might have some left over from a Procharger I installed on one of my mustangs if not I'll probably buy some.