180000 mile 2017 raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the root cause was the torque converter but don't have the specifics. My transmission has been in and out of the shop 2-3x per year over the past 3-4 years do to various issues. Multiple TSB's for PCM resets and dealer keeping my truck for sometimes 3 weeks to make sure it shifts smooth. Once I get it back, I have no problems then around 3-4 months later when I put the car from P or R to D, it slams into gear and the gravy train starts all over again and the symptoms will start to appear while driving at lower to medium speeds. Had one instance when I was highway driving and it shifted really hard and scared the crap out of me. Been super frustrating to deal with over the years and I'm glad Ford finally approved this replacement. I do have an 8yr/100K extended warranty that I purchased from Flood Ford which, to me, is an absolute necessity.
Interesting because ive had some slams, one time i thought the rear end dropped out on a downshift on the freeway. I saw there was a new TSB on these trans, but I cant remember what its for. flyingwrenches had it on his youtube.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the root cause was the torque converter but don't have the specifics. My transmission has been in and out of the shop 2-3x per year over the past 3-4 years do to various issues. Multiple TSB's for PCM resets and dealer keeping my truck for sometimes 3 weeks to make sure it shifts smooth. Once I get it back, I have no problems then around 3-4 months later when I put the car from P or R to D, it slams into gear and the gravy train starts all over again and the symptoms will start to appear while driving at lower to medium speeds. Had one instance when I was highway driving and it shifted really hard and scared the crap out of me. Been super frustrating to deal with over the years and I'm glad Ford finally approved this replacement. I do have an 8yr/100K extended warranty that I purchased from Flood Ford which, to me, is an absolute necessity.

Yeah I have been lucky... it bangs into 5th at high speeds and 8 going into 9th.

Its a *************, but if I drive like a regular person. Its great. Its a real struggle LOL.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trans tune from goosetuned helped my trans work as it's supposed to. Never bangs around anymore. When I first got the truck, I was like ...wtf is going on?!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting because ive had some slams, one time i thought the rear end dropped out on a downshift on the freeway. I saw there was a new TSB on these trans, but I cant remember what its for. flyingwrenches had it on his youtube.
That’s happened to me, it’s from the rear tires breaking loose when it downshifts and the traction control cutting engine power immediately after the shift.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trans tune from goosetuned helped my trans work as it's supposed to. Never bangs around anymore. When I first got the truck, I was like ...wtf is going on?!
My thoughts exactly....then I came on here and was relieved to find it was fairly standard.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WELP.

Officially have the cam phaser chatter. Going to the shop tomorrow.

174k.

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
I am always surprised about you, guys, who are astonished by what you call "high mileage ". You are accustomed by long trip with big bloc engine, so , what is amazing ???
Here, in Europe , it's very common to have car with original engine with more than 250K miles , usually on small diesel engine, and it is only at this mileage that we consider it 's begin to do a lot !

Relax men, drive and enjoy !
Agreed 180k is NOTHING.. my dad still daisy's his 1994 Dodge ran cummins... 487k ish miles.

My transit work vans(3.5 ecos) all have 200k plus miles on them. Maintenance is key.

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
I like seeing that, I'll be happy if I can get 150-175K plus on mine.
I'd be disappointed... only 150k ish? If you only get that minimal amount of miles on a modern day vehicle- I'd deem it as junk.

All my transit vans have over 200k miles on them(3.5 ecos)... Zero issues and will continue to run them over 300k.

Problem is we live in a keep up with Jones mentality, people in general don't keep vehicles past 50k making that mileage seem high and worn out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter